VOGONS

First post, by 8bitbubsy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been writing a clone of FT2 for modern OSes the last two years, and it's about complete (and very accurate).
The replayer and audio channel mixer has been ported from the original source codes, along with some other routines in the program, to maintain the way it plays modules and behaves in general. If you're a fan of FT2, you'll most likely enjoy this port.

Download: https://16-bits.org/ft2.php
PS: There's an accurate clone of ProTracker 2.3D on my homepage too if you like that one as well. 😀

386:
- CPU: 386DX-40 (128kB external L1 cache)
- RAM: 8MB (0 waitstates at 40MHz)
- VGA: Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA (ET4000AX 1MB ISA)
- Audio: SB Pro 2.0 + GUS 1MB
- ISA PS/2 mouse card + ISA USB card
- MS-DOS 6.22 + Win 3.1
- MR BIOS

Reply 1 of 5, by AllTinker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's an extremely faithful clone/port - great work, love it! 😀

Thanks for releasing FT2PLAY too; I expect I'll be making use of that at some point.

Reply 2 of 5, by damson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Holy crap! This is amazing. I made a bunch of music back in late '90 and early '00 in Fast Tracker 2 on DOS. Even recently due to my son's love for Battlefield 1942 main theme I hastly made a rock remix using FT2 running in DOSBox for him. You can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvrQgcrxUbs&i … kuAkr2gYfJK6q-s

Will love to try out your FT2 clone!

Edit: ha ha, you even included the Nibbles mini-game! Love it so far.

Edit 2: to use ALT-F5 to paste block if you have Nvidia GeForce Experience, you don't have to uninstall it - you just need to rebind Keyboard Shortucts in Settings (I deleted most of them, only left the one to start recording and open in-game overlay).

My youtube channel - flight sims new and old

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thank you very much! I wanted to try the Mac version, but only have got 10.4,10.5 (G4 Mac) and 10.6 (Intel w/ Rosetta) here. 🙁
May try the Protracker clone first.. 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 4 of 5, by 8bitbubsy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for all the positive response! 😀

damson wrote:

Edit 2: to use ALT-F5 to paste block if you have Nvidia GeForce Experience, you don't have to uninstall it - you just need to rebind Keyboard Shortucts in Settings (I deleted most of them, only left the one to start recording and open in-game overlay).

I don't remember seeing any settings related to that the last time I checked, but that was a long time ago. Thanks anyway, I'll rewrite that part at some point.

Jo22 wrote:

Thank you very much! I wanted to try the Mac version, but only have got 10.4,10.5 (G4 Mac) and 10.6 (Intel w/ Rosetta) here. 🙁
May try the Protracker clone first.. 😀

My FT2 clone requires macOS 10.7 because of some unfortunate mess regarding mixing C++ (rtmidi) and C code, forcing you to use libstdc++ which requires 10.7 or later. My C code does not compile as C++ because of several reasons, so this has to be done.

386:
- CPU: 386DX-40 (128kB external L1 cache)
- RAM: 8MB (0 waitstates at 40MHz)
- VGA: Diamond SpeedSTAR VGA (ET4000AX 1MB ISA)
- Audio: SB Pro 2.0 + GUS 1MB
- ISA PS/2 mouse card + ISA USB card
- MS-DOS 6.22 + Win 3.1
- MR BIOS