VOGONS

First post, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DEC HL on Twitter announced the release of 0.5 of DOjS, his MIT licensed (open source) Javascript interpreter for MSDOS and FreeDOS.
https://blog.adafruit.com/2019/02/11/dojs-a-n … ntagecomputing/

I've no connection to the project other than being interested in and excited by it.
I hope I (or someone with actual ability) can embed it into a DOS web browser such as Arachne or DilloDOS, thus making surfing the web from DOS computers somewhat more achievable.

Reply 1 of 5, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very interesting! Thanks for the link. Actually, Modern Javascript is a decent language by itself. Looking forward to see what people will do with it!

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 2 of 5, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wish someone would update Links for HTML5 and modern Javascript, plus adding builds for Windows 3.1 and 9x. I can dream!

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 3 of 5, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Problem is: HTML5 and CSS3(?) with Javascript produce things that are extremely expensive to compute and draw. It will be veeeeery slooooow on retro systems. And might run out of memory…

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC