VOGONS

First post, by mr-edit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

I wanted to draw attention to the following community driven campaign. (hope that's alright).
This is a non-commercial limited (re)production of an old relatively unknown MS-DOS
3D shooters from Taiwan named "MARS 3D". The game was never released in the western world, and
rumors say it was also not offical sell in their home-country.

The game isn't a revelation but it's a trash-pearl 😀 and the campaign is for fans and collectors.
If anybody interested in you can find more information on this website -> http://www.mars3d-game.tk

many greetings,

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by mr-edit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No one interested in an old new MS-DOS game?

I always thought the oldschool shooters are still very high in their popularity! Come one guys,
let this community campaign happen! At the moment there are 48 reservations from all over the world.
Come one retro-shooter fans, let this community campaign happen!

Reply 2 of 4, by shiva2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nearly 40€ plus shipping for a weird, mostly hacked old chinese game and you're surprised that the forum isn't ablaze with excitement? Honestly, I'm surprised that there are already 54 copies sold.

Reply 4 of 4, by mr-edit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This feels exploitative and fishy...

@leileilol
I'm sorry, thats a really "fishy" statement too.
This campaign has no commercial background. 38 Euro are not so much, its only for the production costs in this small quantity.
People pay a lot more for "Sigil" an thats only an add-on for a game.

@shiva2004
Take it from another view. The tech behind this game is interesting and the game is so weired that exist thats make it.
On the Cover (also on the original) the Doom Marine
and the Duke lie on the ground. Thats so presumptuous and exaggerated that it is good again. I lovin it 😀
And if the campaign has success, you have a really rare piece in your collection. I think, for some collectors its
more important as the game itself. And by the way, there are much more crappy games from this time.