Rank

Download

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Highlights Support For […]
Show full quote

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Highlights
Support For

Windows® May 2020 Update
AMD Link
Brand new AMD Link Xinput Emulation driver (AMDXE), which will improve compatibility with current and future games. This gets installed the first time game streaming starts with AMD Link and will appear as a new Xbox 360 controller in Device Manager.

Fixed Issues

Radeon Software may experience a crash or hang on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
On a limited number of displays, launching a game may lead to an intermittent black screen that requires a system reboot to resolve.
Fixed an issue where AMD Link may experience random or intermittent disconnects.
When performing a task switch, Destiny™2 may experience an application hang or black screen.
Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent crash or black screen when joining a match.
Incorrect memory clocks may be reported in performance metrics overlay on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Some Hybrid Graphics system configurations with Radeon RX 5500 series graphics products may experience a blue screen on driver installation.
High memory usage may be experienced when Instant Replay and Desktop Recording is enabled on a system and a display on the system has timed out or gone to sleep.
A TDR or black screen may occur when running the Vulkan test from Geekbench™5.
Hitching may be observed in League of Legends™ on some system configurations after performing a task switch.
Sniper Elite™4 may minimize when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay.
The standard profile in Radeon Software may become applied when the gaming profile is clicked on numerous times in quick succession.
Lighting corruption may be seen when moving your mouse in Grand Theft Auto™5 with Radeon Boost enabled.
Texture corruption may be seen in the bottom right corner of the screen when moving your mouse in Shadow of the Tomb Raider™ with Radeon Boost enabled.
Red Dead Redemption™2 may fail to launch in some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
Memory Tuning may fail to apply on AMD Radeon VII graphics products.
“Unable to get requirements” error message may sometimes be displayed in the Upgrade Advisor tab.
GPU metrics may sometimes fail to load in the performance tab of Radeon Software.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ and Control™ may experience application hangs when launched with Radeon Anti-Lag enabled.

Known Issues

Radeon RX Vega Series and Radeon VII graphics products may experience performance drops when Performance Metrics Overlay is open while a game is running.
Some game titles may experience hitching when Instant Replay is enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations.
Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.

Unofficial Windows 2000 Drivers
v13.4 Drivers

Have fun!

Last edited by eL_PuSHeR on 2020-05-29, 08:40. Edited 116 times in total.

Reply 1 of 108, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are there still atioglxx and atioglx1 .dll's in this package?

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 2 of 108, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool, earlier than expected. Unfortunately there isn't much to write home about in this release. I think it's funny that they decided to only support hardware-accelerated H.264 playback on their new, high-end cards, since most people will be using them in computers with CPUs that can do it just fine in software.

Reply 3 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Are there still atioglxx and atioglx1 .dll's in this package?

YES. Both are still present.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

Cool, earlier than expected. Unfortunately there isn't much to write home about in this release. I think it's funny that they decided to only support hardware-accelerated H.264 playback on their new, high-end cards, since most people will be using them in computers with CPUs that can do it just fine in software.

Agreed. I am getting an X850 GTO in a few days for replacing my aging 9600LE.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 6 of 108, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

They usually release one once a month (that's what the number after the decimal means - the month number), but they did an extra one this year as a "Christmas present" to their customers.

Also, I've installed it and noticed no major differences, except that the texture shimmering I was seeing in World of Warcraft *might* be gone now.

Reply 7 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

WOW! ATi made a big jump in versions (from 5.13 to 6.1)

Last edited by eL_PuSHeR on 2006-01-19, 14:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 8 of 108, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

New year, new numbers, not really a big jump. The naming is YY.MM so 6.1 (and not 6.10) is the correct version number. Year 2006, month 1.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 9 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Is it so? So what does 5.13 mean? Month 13 - A weird year is that, ennit?

BTW: Corrected version numbers. No more 6.10

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 10 of 108, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
hunterZ wrote:

They usually release one once a month (that's what the number after the decimal means - the month number), but they did an extra one this year as a "Christmas present" to their customers.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 11 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Somehow I already figured that out. I was just being a little sarcastic... 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 12 of 108, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Added 7.3 with Control Panel to initial post
http://www.ngohq.com/news/10184-ati-catalyst- … .html#post43679

Reply 13 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thanks. But for some odd reason that page only works for me when using Internet Explorer. 😠

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 14 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I have installed Catalyst 7.5 on a friend's machine today and the Control Center doesn't come up when launched. I have uninstalled/installed it again but it didn't make any difference.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 15 of 108, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah, ccc tends to do that if you install a newer driver without the control center 😒

have they fixed the input lag from ati2evxx yet?

by the way, DOSBox is not for running Windows 9x

Reply 17 of 108, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Heh. ATi changed the look for its driver page. Very cute.

WARNING!

Catalyst 7.9 driver broke D3D for me. Directdraw acceleration and OpenGL work just fine, but D3D isn't working (not dx7, nor dx8 nor dx9). I get a weird error in the dxdiag tests. Games using D3D aren't working either. 😠

I just downgraded to 7.8 and everything is back to normal.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 18 of 108, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

7.9 with Control Panel
http://www.ngohq.com/news/12153-ati-catalyst- … trol-panel.html

Reply 19 of 108, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anything 7.7 or newer tends to completely break OpenGL support for me apparently with nice crashes, unless it's a "omg new game" like Quake Wars.

by the way, DOSBox is not for running Windows 9x