VOGONS

First post, by daerlnaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i would to contact robertmo but sadly i'm too new here to do dit.
I know there is problem with this project, and i understand it, but it's hard to have answers with this project.

I've almost finished my tutorial for my native language, but after have tried something new that i didn't before i would to know.

With my previous system image i used openglide under w98 (if i remember well) for unreal and it worked verywell.

This time i used dgvoodoo2 x64 for my compilation, and now glide work without a wrapper under w98, but problem is i don't have fullscreen mode. I know the author said i have to go to fullscreen mode before to launch the game but it doesn't work, i have a qemu window, i can't use the ... grow up function of the window, in all case this is the game that decides of the size with dgvoodoo2. I tried to make a config file for dgvoodoo2 but from the point i use fullscreenmode, game crash at the launching.

I didn't well understood the conversation between robertmo and the author, but it seems robertmo found a way to launch in fullscreen mode.

Thx.

Reply 1 of 5, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello.

I think that you were looking for this post: Post 726788

sdl2 works too. […]
Show full quote

sdl2 works too.

Environment = QEmu
fixes fullscreen mode
(it looks what it does is setting:
WindowedAttributes = borderless
for fullscreen mode, that fixes fullscreen too, but you are not able to drag the window 😉 )

ScaleWidth,
is needed if you want to control window resolution cause dgvoodoo sets the same res for both window and fullscreen.
ScaleWidth is just rescaling final picture, so best to set width matching dgvoodoo resolution if you want to use window.

you also have to start in a window and switch to fullscreen with ctrl-alt-f

Pretty much a hack if you ask me (borderless window) and the QEMU-3Dfx author doesn't care much about fullscreen mode from what I understand. I don't use QEMU-3Dfx so I can't help you much there.

Mods: I think that this thread should be moved to "PC Emulation" section since this isn't a release announcement.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 2 of 5, by daerlnaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thanks for your answer

That's what I actually read, but I must have missed something because it crashes. Robertmo mentioned sdl2 as a solution but I don't understand how to use it under the w10 host.

For my pov as an old gamer, it's an obligation to have fullscreen mode (with aspect ratio preserved). If i have a workaround to have fullscreen i want to try before to publish the tutorial.

You are right all the post about it must go to pc emulation.

ps: a video of half life, compiled on qemu 6.02

Reply 3 of 5, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
daerlnaxe wrote on 2022-05-03, 06:18:

Hi, thanks for your answer

You're welcome!

That's what I actually read, but I must have missed something because it crashes. Robertmo mentioned sdl2 as a solution but I don't understand how to use it under the w10 host.

robertmo meant that QEMU-3Dfx can be compiled with SDL2 libraries, which is able to use borderless window. From what I find in QEMU's wiki this can be done using the --enable-sdl command line switch with "./configure" after getting the appropiate SDL2 libraries.

For my pov as an old gamer, it's an obligation to have fullscreen mode (with aspect ratio preserved). If i have a workaround to have fullscreen i want to try before to publish the tutorial.

Agreed, this is a very important thing with these old games.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 5 of 5, by daerlnaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Compiled, tested, crashed ^^.

I verified with total commander content by compareason, exe files are not the same. Perhaps i missed something.

"../qemu-6.2.0/configure --target-list=i386-softmmu --enable-sdl"

for dgvoodoo2, i tried with fullscreen as with "borderless" & "fullscreen size" in the "windowed" part under the "general ext tab" and with "qemu" environment activated.

with just qemu environment it works but problem is the aspect ratio is not preserved.

I found a workaround previously by using openglide under w98, it worked with unreal tournament but i would to find a way with glide mode that works windowed but not with fullscreen mode.