VOGONS

Reply 41 of 49, by robertmo3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the game is able to make game screen using about 1 313 280 pixels
if you force game to use more pixels on screen the additional pixels on the right of the screen will be messed up
so if you ask game to draw twice more pixels whole right part of the screen will be messed up 😉
i think the most optimal way to use that amount of pixels would be 1145 x 1145 resolution
but the game used 3648 x 360 at first
version 1.0.3 allows 2052 x 640 too 😉

Reply 42 of 49, by robertmo3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

setting the game to show that all not cropped or not corrupted is easy of course 😉

you set your monitor desktop resolution to 2052 x 640 (unscaled of course) and choose 1709 x 640 when game starts
(you have to add both resolutions in your gfx card control panel first)

if you want that stretched on a 4k monitor:
you set your monitor desktop resolution to 3840 x 1198 (unscaled of course) and choose 3198 x 1198 when game starts

i think there still gonna be black lines between some textures visible on the mountains
(they are only visible when flying upside down)

have fun 😉

Reply 43 of 49, by robertmo3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

correction: the first version allows only 2052 x 360 without gfx corruption
so gfx corruption happens with horizontal res wider than 2052
so maybe higher vertical resolutions are possible too, but just locked for now.

also game allows making screenshots by pressing F4 without any gfx corruption even in 5540 x 640
and even 11250 x 360 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    vel0001.7z
    File size
    331.95 KiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    vel0007.7z
    File size
    176.22 KiB
    Downloads
    44 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 45 of 49, by Trelokk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just a side note: SLADE3 (yes, the Doom editor) is able to edit, extract and save POD files.

However, currently it only works for original (pre-Boosted Edition) PODs. Apparently they are using a new format now which SLADE cannot recognize - yet. Once it does, it should be pretty easy to compare and remove any TV-relevant files from fury3.pod. At least I was able like this to obtain share.vox, retail1.vox and retail2.vox from TV's cdrom.pod.

While I'm here:
How did you guys manage to obtain furyse.pod? I'm unable to reinstall F!Zone on my Win 10 system and the installer files cannot be extracted manually, regardless which program I'm trying...

Reply 46 of 49, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Trelokk wrote on 2023-09-26, 21:25:

While I'm here:
How did you guys manage to obtain furyse.pod? I'm unable to reinstall F!Zone on my Win 10 system and the installer files cannot be extracted manually, regardless which program I'm trying...

If you can't get F!Zone to install because of the 16-bit installer stub, you need to grab the actual 32-bit install shield engine executable, copy off the files from the CD and run the installer via that 32-bit executable in the same working directory as everything was on the CD.

I'm pretty sure I had to do that even under Wine because the 16-bit stuff stopped working ever since the Linux Kernel maintainers decided that modify_ldt() being able to hackishly make 16-bit segments work was a security flaw in the kernel.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 47 of 49, by Trelokk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alright, I managed to get it working by using this generic IS3 installer file. It wasn't even required to have Fury3 installed when creating a directory with a fake fury3.exe and pointing the installer to it.

Thanks a lot for the assistance!

Reply 48 of 49, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

winevdm (otvdm) is also an awesome alternative for 16-bits and is working with every win 3.x game I tried:
https://github.com/otya128/winevdm/releases
Eventual experimental builds:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/otya128/winev … build/artifacts

Reply 49 of 49, by BenMcLean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I only just discovered that this upgraded/remastered version of Terminal Velocity existed today! Very pleasant surprise to discover that this had been made and that I already owned it for free since I owned the old version! 😀 It would be really awesome to get Fury3 and F!Zone running on it at some point too!

I've been working on trying to create a good control scheme for it on the Steam Deck. That got me reading the manual. Under controls, the manual says:

F7: Crazy Sandwich key

wut