VOGONS

First post, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi everyone!

My sources have informed me that a DOS-based IDE for the popular µC board is soon to be released,
due to popular demand from the vintage computing community.

According to my sources, initial support will be limited to the serial models, such as "Wiring Lite".
Future versions will be adding support for USB ISA cards and known USB to serial converters.

Mouse support already is included.

Amazing times lay ahead of us, when the beloved micro-controller board and the IBM PC finally team up!

Stay tuned!

Attached to this news are the first pictures, taken undercover.

Attachments

• ide00.jpg
    Filename
    ide00.jpg
    File size
    17.85 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • ide01.jpg
    Filename
    ide01.jpg
    File size
    20.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • ide02.jpg
    Filename
    ide02.jpg
    File size
    19.96 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • ide03.jpg
    Filename
    ide03.jpg
    File size
    22.7 KiB
    Views
    File license

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 1 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bear in mind that's about as efficient as a java interpreter implemented in Visual Basic, and that the little AVR chips are surprisingly grunty, low tens of MIPs, so this might be mid 486 upwards required for reasonable speed.

I don't know if it really really has a use case, apart from maybe streamlining the integration of arduino boards with DOS PCs, for any other simple stuff you're probably better sticking with QBasic or batch files (batch commands have been proven Turing complete)

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.