VOGONS

Ion Fury Aftershock on Oct 2nd

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So it seems that Aftershock can only be purchased digitally if I own the GOG version of the original game or the steam version?! I own the actual big box version I purchase direct from 3DRealms but neither Steam nor Gog will let me purchase it since I don't have the game in my library through either of their services?

Is there a way to purchase and install the expansion if you purchased it directly from 3D Realms?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 21 of 24, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is their a way to add it to Steam and let it be recognized as the base game ? Like an ID shipped within the big box edition ? Is there a FAQ about this on their website ?

It's a pretty big oversight if there no solution to this !

Reply 22 of 24, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote on 2023-11-07, 09:13:

Is their a way to add it to Steam and let it be recognized as the base game ? Like an ID shipped within the big box edition ? Is there a FAQ about this on their website ?

I've been searching and can't find anything. But one thing I did notice is that the base game through Steam and GOG updates to version 2.0 in preparation for Aftershock. As I have a physical version of the game that isn't digitally tied to a cloud account, mine is still on version 1.01 that is shipped with? So there hasn't even been any standalone updates that I'm aware of through 3D Realms?

But yeah, near as I can tell, it seems you have to double dip and buy a separate digital version of the game through GOG or Steam to get aftershock since those are the only services besides console where it is available to purchase.

g883j7-2.png

Reply 23 of 24, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CrossBow777 wrote on 2023-11-07, 15:07:

I've been searching and can't find anything. But one thing I did notice is that the base game through Steam and GOG updates to version 2.0 in preparation for Aftershock. As I have a physical version of the game that isn't digitally tied to a cloud account, mine is still on version 1.01 that is shipped with? So there hasn't even been any standalone updates that I'm aware of through 3D Realms?

But yeah, near as I can tell, it seems you have to double dip and buy a separate digital version of the game through GOG or Steam to get aftershock since those are the only services besides console where it is available to purchase.

hmm did your physical version come with a key for gog/steam?

iami

Reply 24 of 24, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
twiz11 wrote on 2023-11-07, 15:12:
CrossBow777 wrote on 2023-11-07, 15:07:

hmm did your physical version come with a key for gog/steam?

No... it came on a USB flash drive and was a separate DRM free installable version of the game. I've not tried to add it to my GOG or Steam libraries, but in the past when I did that, they would only allow adding in the shortcut or executable so it would appear from the GOG galaxy app to be opened and didn't appear as being in my actual GOG or Steam library purchased games.

Now Aftershock was available as a big box purchase but I missed out on it figuring that wouldn't be required and it was much more expensive that way too naturally.

Update - So apparently the Founders edition big box release did include a digital code for the game along with the physical copy. But the Standard big box release like I have only included the physical on the bowling bomb USB drive and a digital code for the OST. It is the standard edition that I purchased as the founders versions were already sold out by the time I knew anything about it.

g883j7-2.png