VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5833360.html

Microsoft has rejected a request from developers to push back delivery of its oft-delayed Visual Studio 2005 in order to fix bugs.

I'm wondering what the big uproar is? How is this any different from any other MS release?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Clint Stotesbery on Thursday.

The majority of developers who wrote into the suggestion forum agreed, saying that the quality of the product was more important than meeting the Nov. 7 deadline. Visual Studio 2005, formerly code-named Whidbey, will arrive at least one year later than originally planned.

Representatives from Microsoft's Visual Studio development group decided to pass on the suggestion. A few hours later, it posted a note saying, "We are confident that we will be able to ship you a high-quality product later this year."

*ROFL*

My guess is they decided to bite the bullet and release it so that people couldn't heckle them for releasing VS2005 in 2006 :p

Reply 2 of 3, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been using it for a production application since Beta 2 was released. Even with its bugs, it's a huge step up from VS.NET 2003. It is just as stable (both VS.NET 2002 & 2003 crash) and offers many more features (I'm using the full team edition). There will always be people who whine about releasing products with bugs but at the end of the day, nothing would ever get released if you set your sights on deployment on zero bugs!