VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.furygpu.com/blog/hello

After almost four years of developing a custom full-stack GPU in my spare time, I figured it was about time to start putting together some materials to highlight the project, its technical details, and its future. This has been my first (and only!) FPGA design, and I hope to use this space to share some of what I have learned while building this extremely complicated piece of hardware.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah I was thinking about posting that when I saw a blurb on one of the hardware sites. Will be really cool to see what forks from it when the sources get published. Maybe we'll get Dx6, dx7, dx8, dx9 cores, perfect DX compatible retro GPU cores. Potentially even ignoring 3D and going back to give MDA, CGA, EGA modes on modern monitors. Exciting times.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 3, by kinetix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Together with GraphicsGremlin (and its modified version with HDMI) this project is a good option. Of course it should have ISA, VLbus, PCI or AGP bus versions, instead of PCIexpress. Also need drivers that support OpenGL and DirectX