Build Log: P3/V5500/GF2Ultra Water Cooled Build - A Marriage of Retro and Modern

Showcase your Retro PC / Build logs.

Re: Build Log: P3/V5500/GF2Ultra Water Cooled Build - A Marriage of Retro and Modern

Postby Jade Falcon » 2017-10-12 @ 15:46

x0zm_ wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:Anyway about that block, there are a few on ebay.

Unfortunately all the shipping to Australia is more than the block :(

Probably for the better, that block was know to fail, they had a lot of problems with the company that made there blocks back then and that was the one block the really put the nail in the coffin for TT water cooling rep.

Anyway the system is looking good.
Jade Falcon
l33t

Re: Build Log: P3/V5500/GF2Ultra Water Cooled Build - A Marriage of Retro and Modern

Postby x0zm_ » 2017-10-16 @ 08:37

Here's the loop!

What you don't see is the drain port - because I need to wait for the PSU shroud for that.

The splitter coming off the reservoir has a port at the bottom. The drain will be down there.

Here's my progress on the new backplates.

I still have to do the sound card one. Then I'll make them and after that it's just taking the whole PC apart, installing it all and putting it back together and we're done!

The journey is almost over boys! :-D
x0zm_

Postby Jade Falcon » 2017-10-16 @ 22:58

Nice looking. The dragon stuff is not really my style. But i sure can respect the work your putting into it.

Cant wait to see the syatem up and running.
Jade Falcon
l33t

Previous

Return to System Specs