VOGONS

First post, by Trank

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

System Specs:
Asus P2B-F
Pentium II 300 Mhz (Downclocked from 450)
Diamond Multimedia Viper V770 (Clocked to Pro Specs with Fan installed)
3com ISA Network Card
PC100 256 Mb Ram
x2 40gb HDD
Samsung CD/DVD

sM6xxCZ.jpg
eT1k5Zt.jpg
ozZeHc6.jpg

I would like to thank all those who helped me again, we didn't get it working to what i had planned but at least it works. It was supposed to be a Pentium II 450 Mhz. (I thankfully got the V770 to work, pencil erasers are magic)

Last edited by Trank on 2018-03-17, 20:37. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Odd to see your case having a keyhole. That's something that was more an AT or XT thing. Do you have the key for it? 😜
Your case is typical for the earliest ATX cases, though I was never much of a fan of those tiny floppy holes in the front.

I read something about a card of yours not working properly somewhere, but I don't recall seeing a thread of yours. Cleaning parts is something that is best to simply do mandatorily as this can prevent all kinds of problems.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 8, by Trank

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah i thought it was odd seeing the keyhole too. Thankfully i got the case with the key too. Its pretty much unused though. And yes, i guess i have learned more about being sure i clean things more. Never thought of the pencil eraser trick though.

Reply 5 of 8, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In other threads by the OP, the system was having issues at 100MHz FSB. I don't believe that a cause was fully determined.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 6 of 8, by Trank

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah the system will not boot with 100 FSB sadly. It actually is a P2450 unless i was scammed and somebody put a SECCII P2 450 case thing on it. I have a P3 450 waiting for me to go pick it up this should be a good way to test if its the motherboard or not. Another thing i thought about doing was setting to 100 FSB and putting the multiplier down so it goes to 400 Mhz.

Reply 7 of 8, by Solarstrike

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The whole P(x)B series by ASUS is actually among the most well documented board series out there, so go out and grab some docs on it.

Also, is that a Kyle Katarn avatar? Because if so, you have some great tastes on Star Wars characters.