First post, by winuser_pl
I've just received a Compaq Proliant ML350 G1 server. It is equipped with 1GHz Pentium III processor (one socket is populated, one empty).
I got this for something like $45 incl shipping (shipping was $ 18). That was an amazing occasion, I couldn't miss it!
Take a loot at the pictures.
Although it may look small, take a look at the picture where it is nearby a tower PC - this Compaq is HUGE !
Now I got several issues.
1. The computer won't boot from CD-ROM in order to reset Windows server administrator password. There is no option in the BIOS also (which has very small amount of options).
2. The system is very loud! Even when the computer has booted to Windows Server 2000 it still sound like a jet plane 😁
3. I need CPU VRM module - i want to populate the second socket. Does anybody from this forum owns such thing?
AD ->1 : The problem has been solved. There was an option in the BIOS, I didn't managed to notice it at first time!
AD ->2: The system fans are now running at around 1,5krpm. I had to install the software from Compaq System Configuration Utility disc v.5.50. I've found it on the internet. Now it is really quite 😁
The current system specs are:
* 1 x Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1000 MHz / 133 FSB.
* 512 MB SDRAM (4 x 128MB) 133 MHz ECC @ 3.0.3-3-6
* ATI 3D RAGE XL 4MB VRAM on PCI bus
* 18GB HARD DRIVE COMPAQ BD01874554 SCSI
* Compaq FastEthernet NIC
PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB
PC2: AOpen => GA-586SG, 512 MB SDRAM, AMD K6-2 400 MHz, Geforce 2 MX 400