VOGONS

My first, own PC (rebuild)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are the Michelangelo of computer cable management, bravo.

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 21 of 30, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's another beautifully built system. Where did you find the temp controlled heatsink/fan?

Reply 22 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thx Guys 😀

chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-05-24, 02:34:

.... Where did you find the temp controlled heatsink/fan?

uhhhh, I own three of them (two are incomplete) since a long time. Here are a picture from 2015:

Kühler.jpg

vae victis!

Reply 23 of 30, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome that's a sweet fan setup. Does it have a temp sensor on the heatsink and vary the fan speeds based on the temp the probe sees?

Reply 24 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-05-24, 12:56:

Awesome that's a sweet fan setup. Does it have a temp sensor on the heatsink and vary the fan speeds based on the temp the probe sees?

You see the blue-violett dot on the Cooler? This is the temp-sensor 😀

evasive wrote on 2021-05-21, 08:00:

Somehow the award flasher is backing up more than just the actual bios but also some other settings/information.

You should be able to flash the 128kb file just fine.

Back to the BIOS: yes I can try to flash it, but AWDFLASH say it didn´t match. When I do it anyway and destroy it, I have no backup, because my oldbios.bin has the wrong size.
Is it possible that AWDFLASH is too new? Unfortunately I don´t know, which AWDFLASH version is recommended for the 1997 BIOS....

vae victis!

Reply 25 of 30, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have found a list will all awdflash versions:
https://www.wimsbios.com/awardflasher.jsp

I think version 6.25 is a safe bet here. See if that makes a 128kb backup file first.

Reply 26 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thx for the help @ evasive. Yesterday I visits the Asus HP and load a Biosfile from a Board out of the same time. The included AWDFLASH was a 5.5 and with this I was able to create a 128kb backup.
With this I could then also flash the bios 😀

vae victis!

Reply 27 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The last few days I haven't worked that much on the PC. I bought another Matrox Mystique, this time a G220 model with 4MB. This card is a little too new, but currently I use a Diamond Viper V550 (TNT with 16MB) and this one is even newer.

Now a question: can I use the 2MB memory pack from the old Mystique on the newer G220?

The other time I worked on the OS. My last Win95 installation is long ago and very more complicated as the Win98se installation before. I try 95b and need only few hours to destroy the installation. After this i make a new one with 95c and it´s still runing perfect 😁
On the search for software I visit my attic and found a bunch of old PC Games Magazine CDs - from 95 to 00. It was very funny to search the old datas 😀

Edit:
Many of you knows this logo 😁

PC Player CDs (1).jpg
PC Player CDs (2).jpg

and the CDs from the german PC Games:

PC Games CDs (1).jpg
PC Games CDs (2).jpg

To this end I switched to the Gamestar....

vae victis!

Reply 28 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Current I´m waiting for the USB connector for the last open slot place.
I changed the P166MMX again a P233MMX and make a lot of benchmark test. The PC makes nearly 50FPS im Righteous test 😀

Righteous 3D.jpg

vae victis!

Reply 29 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HNB incoming ^^

P166mmx (11).jpg

vae victis!

Reply 30 of 30, by vad4r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The last few days I have tested a lot, but the USB onboard is dead 🙁
Is there a fuse somewhere on the board? I don´t know. Therefore I have installed a USB card: CMD 0670B-400
But I didn´t found any driver for Windows 95c, anyone an idea?

vae victis!