VOGONS

Ultimate DirectX-9 Setup

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 61, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hope the mods don't get mad at me for reviving a thread almost 14 months old.. but it's because I have a big update to the build here.

First off, apparently I left Mau1wurf1977 hanging with a unanswered question all this time, sorry about that there. 😒 😢 I'll start by answering this:

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Nice card. What PSU are you using with it?

Power supply has been upgraded to a Silverstone Strider ST1000 1KW 80+ unit, to handle the new gpu's this system now has.

And on with the updates:
r_DSC05431.jpg
Larger: http://www.outfoxed.net/DSC05431.jpg

CPU upgraded to a 12MB Harpertown xeon quad core, L5408 CPU, overclocked +46% to 3.75 ghz. Also new is the two GTX 470's in here that run at +46% core overclock & +23% ram overclock. Bigger power supply is to support the new gpu's, and the new cpu.

Also added a 2nd radiator to handle the gpu's, and yes they do need it and could even use more than this.

A friend will probably soon have a X5470 for me for this system. Special 771 xeon quad core chips, 10x multiplier (highest out of the entire 771 line of quad cores), and hopefully will allow overclocks in the 4+ ghz range. 4.0 ghz or 4.1 should be easily obtainable, but the higher clocks maybe not. I can hope for 4.5 - 4.7 ghz but likely that won't be possible.

Anyway, that's all for now. Any further questions I'll answer if you have them.