800:1 contrast ratio
DVI input connector

(connected to Gigabyte Geforce 6800)

Reply 1 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I recently got one of these: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdet … ategory_id=4009

I'm pretty happy with it.

One thing about response times and contrast ratios: Just like with power supplies, there are different methods used to get those numbers, so they are often misleading. Make sure to read reviews (especially comparison/roundup/shootout reviews)

Reply 2 of 4, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

so i changed them.

pluses:
- finally i have correct aspect ratio (4:3)
- it is larege
- games looks great with 1600x1200, you see many details that are far away
- this monitor has buttons, i don't get why samsung makes monitors without buttons...

minuses:
- worse colours 🙁
- worse angle view

btw, when i rotate it 90 degrees i see whole vogons mainpage on one screen 😉

Reply 3 of 4, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Damn, that is a very tempting price, so tempting in fact that I may just get one. I do have three caveats. First, the monitor has been around for a while and newer monitors may be able to beat it. Second, with a screen that large, you can't really "see" all of it at once. Finally, its screen ratio is friendly to images in the 320x200 resolution but not to 640x480 screens.

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, the most annoying thing about it is that neither it nor my ATI video card can do an aspect-correct scale of lower resolutions to fill the monitor when I run it via a DVI connection (it can only center the image at a 1:1 scale or stretch it to fill the entire screen). However, I haven't been playing any old games outside of DOSBox, and I was able to get DOSBox working fine (both in full and windowed modes).

As for the large size, it really doesn't bother me. Then again, I use dual 1280x1024 LCDs at work so I'm used to working with a large viewing area.