VOGONS

First post, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just got these the other day.. nothing too impressive on the apocalypse 5d disc, but some of you may wish to have it for completeness (and for the powervr technical demos).

If anyone wants me to upload these so you can distribute them, let me know. It's probably about 700MB of clone cd images all told. Just the driver cd is 230mb.

Reply 1 of 14, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm is there the Ridge Racer rolling tech demo on it ?

if there is anything more obscure than the ussual, perhaps some cool techdemos and stuff, that was originally console stuff, then let me hear. Since then I think I know one or two guys who would love to get their hands on it.

Reply 3 of 14, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you tried using ECM on the image?

I had a PowerVR PCX2 card myself, kinda sucked how it had very limited blend modes, but at least it does alpha blending better than a Rage Pro 😜

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 14, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well there was a driver cd, a wipeout cd, a ultimate race cd and a terracide cd. I had a look for any mechwarrior files on the driver disc but nothing was found. Got it off ebay - just the bare card + manual + discs so I can't tell if this is the lot or not.

leileilol: ECM?

Anyways, I can upload them if someone wants to PM me with a FTP or something.

Reply 9 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://www.videologic.com/Software/A5DSonic.htm

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 14, by 001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for reviving this old topic.. but, i´m looking for the demos included in the cds of Apocalypse 5d and Matrox PowerVr. Specially Ultim@te Race (3 track version) and Hexen 2.

I figure someone must have them... 😁

Thanks!

Reply 13 of 14, by 001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually, I don´t think they are exactly the same.

The PowerVR came bundled with "HeXen II: Continent of Blackmarsh".
All I can find in the web is HeXen II: Demo.

There seems to be a difference, as the patches that Raven released don't work in the demo, but -as stated in the readme- file can patch Continent of Blackmarsh.

Thanks for the tip anyways!

J