VOGONS

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know what's happening but the 500 mhz computers being running badly since google earth was installed and ie crashed at 98% and then google was ran. On my last post on the computers unknown performance improvements the computer has finally started to run less hot again and has started to run at less usage but the computers somehow running even better. I think their could be a problem with the computer as it shouldn't be running better for no reason and it might be the eye of the problem and get a lot worse. It used to run at 100% usage after trying to run gogle earth after ie had crashed at 98%.

Reply 1 of 4, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

get some fans blowing in it, we had a dodgy motherboard fan on our MSI 845 Ultra, and got 2 spare fans and heatsinks for it for 15$ delivered last week and now its running fine and dandy.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 2 of 4, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The problem is getting better on it's own so maybe i should waot tol the computer runs perfectly or it could get worse so i should get a new fan just in case. I have no clue what a heat sink is though.