VOGONS

PCI card

Topic actions

First post, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gentlemen,I'm trying to create a retro pc for my games and so I would like opinions.So far I've collected 72 mb ram and a 233 mhz P2 processor.But the best pci card I have in here is a Matrox Mystique with 2 mb ram plus 😜
So I would like opinions on what card I should pick up.I was thinking of a Voodoo 2 or a Millennium 2 or G200 but I don't really know.I also have a S3 Trio 64V+ but I've never tested it,will it do the job?

Last edited by F2bnp on 2007-10-14, 10:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

Gentlemen,I'm trying to create a retro pc for my games and so I would like opinions.So far I've collected 72 mb ram and a 266 mhz P2 processor.But the best pci card I have in here is a Matrox Mystique with 2 mb ram plus 😜
So I would like opinions on what card I should pick up.I was thinking of a Voodoo 2 or a Millennium 2 or G200 but I don't really know.I also have a S3 Trio 64V+ but I've never tested it,will it do the job?

Since you already have a Matrox Mystique --which is a pretty good 2D card, then you should pick Voodoo 2 for GLide games.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 4, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes that's what I was thinking,voodoo 2 was THE card back then 😜
Mystique has served me well over the years but when I tried to play Blood 2,it killed me 😜
Problem is where I find such a card.Well I'll find some guy who doesn't want it anymore and exchange it for some sdram.Anyway I have some friends around who have old PCs,it can't be one of them must have a voodoo 2.
Thanks 😉
Hey about the Trio 64V+,does anyone know anything about it?Is it good enough to handle Direct 3D or Glide?

Edit:

Ok I searched a bit my junk and found these cards:

S3 Trio 64V+,Matrox Millennium 2,Matrox Millennium G200,Matrox Mystique(with 2 mb ram plus),S3 Virge

Until I get my hands on the Voodoo 2 which one should I prefer?
Remember my system: P2 233 mhz,72 mb ram

Reply 3 of 4, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

G200 is clearly the best amongst that lot. The Virge is better for compatibility with older DOS games though (has some bodgy D3D acceleration too). A Voodoo3 would be ideal if you can find one.