post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 2202, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The "Desk"
Office%20Oct%202009.jpg
As detailed in this thread here 😀 Hey guys, I'm back again! Oh and check out this sweet Return Desk

The "Wall-O-Retro", I have easily 3x number of PC games w/o boxes in my CD albums
Office%20Oct%202009b.jpg

Reply 22 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cdoublejj wrote:
a little jumbled but, i thought i 'd show you hay many of the little buggers i pack in my room. […]
Show full quote

a little jumbled but, i thought i 'd show you hay many of the little buggers i pack in my room.

dsc00104.th.jpg

TI-99/4A!

Reply 23 of 2202, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Mike 01Hawk: I see you have the Logitech Z-5500d speakers (or similar). I've been missing mine in the last few months - another reason I want to build my new desktop.

Reply 24 of 2202, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bushwack wrote:
cdoublejj wrote:
a little jumbled but, i thought i 'd show you hay many of the little buggers i pack in my room. […]
Show full quote

a little jumbled but, i thought i 'd show you hay many of the little buggers i pack in my room.

dsc00104.th.jpg

TI-99/4A!

yup with 4 in box carts too i have a thread on it. 😁 all i'm missing is the a/v cable.

Reply 25 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mike 01Hawk wrote:
The "Desk" The "Wall-O-Retro", I have easily 3x number of PC games w/o boxes in my CD albums http://www.damike.com/Pics/PC/Offic […]
Show full quote

The "Desk"
The "Wall-O-Retro", I have easily 3x number of PC games w/o boxes in my CD albums
Office%20Oct%202009b.jpg

I see your boxed copy of Alice. They are selling well on ebay right now, I sold mine recently cause I never really cared that much for the game anyway.

Reply 28 of 2202, by DjLc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cloudschatze wrote:
http://www.symphoniae.com/misc/studio_s.jpg […]
Show full quote

studio_s.jpg

Hmm are you sponsorised by Roland ? 😀
Nice gear setup anyway
MT32, FG10, SC55mk2, Super JD, D550, XV5080, VSR880, M240, DS50A ? and a nice D-20 i guess with an seq/midi interface wich i don't know on top.

Reply 29 of 2202, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bushwack, what you didn't spring for the $70 collector's edition of the "wonderous" Tiberian Sun?! Man you missed out on the little pewter dude! 😁
wow what a hype fest that game was

I have Alice too, but in "little box" format. This makes me want to photograph my archive-of-games-few-recall too.

Reply 30 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

Bushwack, what you didn't spring for the $70 collector's edition of the "wonderous" Tiberian Sun?! Man you missed out on the little pewter dude! 😁
wow what a hype fest that game was

No but I blew $70 on Warcraft3, and while I loved WC2 I thought WC3 was a huge disappointment. I was halfway through the second campaign and just put it up. I got a cool box filled with art crap though. 😵

I'll be putting up my games after I update my "area pic shortly" 😉

Reply 32 of 2202, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bushwack wrote:

I'll be putting up my games after I update my "area pic shortly" 😉

Oops, I thought that was your photo. I didn't see that it was Mike01Hawk's in quotes.

Reply 33 of 2202, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well this is my older stuff. I've tossed many boxes out over the years while moving from place to place. Ones I definitely wish I still had are X-Com 1, Master of Orion, Betrayal at Krondor...

The second from the left is an original SimCity box without sleeve cover.
swaayegames.jpg

Reply 34 of 2202, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hooray for Dark Forces! My favourite FPS. Maybe my brain doesn't do navigation too well, but even today, 15 years on, having beaten that game on hard difficulty without any cheating whatsoever, I still get lost on level 2 - the one set in that burnt out city.

The original Battlezone was an 8-bit classic, but I never got round to playing its remake. Is it any good?

After applying approximately 40 or so mods to Morrowind, I got it looking pretty good now!

Have you got a "ninja 386" to play Wing Commander on, or do you use DOSBox?

Regarding Jedi Knight, where's your copy of MotS? 😉

Reply 35 of 2202, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Battlezone and Battlezone 2 are really great and fairly unique games. They are a really cool combination of strategy and simulation.

That JK box is actually my brother's. I bought JK and JK:MotS in their original releases but those are two of the boxes I've tossed out over the years unfortunately. I have all the original CDs for the games I've bought though.

Wing Commander gets played in DOSBOX these days. 😀

And yes Dark Forces is one of my favorite games too. I am a pretty crazed Star Wars geek and was even more so back when we were in the glory era of LucasArts. I have read like 50 novels or so, and this game was set in that expanded universe just like the other old SW games were. Those were great years in SW gaming. Too bad about George and his prequels.

Reply 36 of 2202, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When I said "The original Battlezone was an 8-bit classic", I made a mistake about it being an "8-bit classic", because I was actually thinking about the classic arcade coin-op game. (There was a fairly fun 8-bit game called Encounter!, which had a similar theme.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghIPGXs3LAo (Battlezone on Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sd4ujPJKQ8 (Encounter! for the Atari 800XL on Youtube)

Attachments

Reply 37 of 2202, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup I've played the old arcade Battlezone too. It was one with a visor viewport thing too. 😀

You should play the PC game. Those games are definitely some of my favorite games ever. I'd love to see more of that style of gaming but it has been thoroughly forgotten. Battlezone 2 Combat Commander actually still gets patches from the original programmers (in their spare time.)

Their gameplay is a combination of Mechwarrior and RTS. They are very atmospheric games too. The first game has the same music composer as MechWarrior 2. Graphically they were both superb for their time, and BZ2 is one of the few games with Matrox G400 EMBM support.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/battlezone
http://www.mobygames.com/game/battlezone-ii-combat-commander

Reply 38 of 2202, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would post some pics but my gaming area spans across several rooms in my house! It's not a pretty site at the moment as i'm sorting through everything and shifting the stuff i don't use anymore.... I need some space back 🤣

Ack! i just spotted an abomination of a Snes in the top left of "Mike 01Hawk's" photo! I really do think the US Snes is one of the ugliest consoles ever created.... why ruin such a beautiful creation? that big wedge makes me cringe 😜 (sorry)

Reply 39 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PowerPie5000 wrote:

I would post some pics but my gaming area spans across several rooms in my house! It's not a pretty site at the moment as i'm sorting through everything and shifting the stuff i don't use anymore.... I need some space back 🤣

Yeah my gaming area would span to more rooms of the house too, just post up your "computing" area. 😁