VOGONS

post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 500 of 2202, by elhaya

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

gee, Windows 8.1 is really starting to grow on me. 😜 Suddenly, I no longer want to get the start menu back- I'm very happy with the new start screen.
It is speedy-esp boot time and I like having my fav gameloft games on my pc 😁
my advice- try it without prejudice

bristlehog- nice computers, I really like your samsung-pc

Reply 502 of 2202, by vikpc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PeterLI wrote:

Attachments image.jpg(1.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet

this is shots from some rare old nokia phone? 🤣

Wielder of Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian

Reply 504 of 2202, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, this is my "Hello World!" post for this forum as you don't have a "General Discussion" subforum and a "Say Hi" thread, not that that's a problem of course.

This is where I hang around all day;
corner0.png corner1.png

There's a lot of different stuff in those images, some of you might know me from YouTube or VCF and therefore might know what's in some of those. I don't expect I'll post a lot here but there are quite a few useful topics on this forum and I figured I may as well be a part of it from time to time. A couple of things I would like to make clear however as the questions always arise;

> I think IBM/Dell/Gateway/Whatever are garbage, please don't ram those down my throat like every other community has when you realize I don't use them or sold/scrapped them.
> Actually using synthesizers to create music taught me that Roland really is garbage, so don't push those on me either, this is a Casio/Yamaha house.
> I have some bad habbits such as not keeping machines particularly clean and doing bodgy fixes when they break. Smoke like a chimney too, yellow plastic everywhere.
> Scene rulez, I'd take the demos over anything else a machine could run any day so this might skew my opinions on things...
> ...I am highly opinionated, you'll get used to it. I do, however, respect the opinions of others. I can be competitive though - in good fun.
> I'm actually quite friendly, so don't let this list make you think I'm a d**k.

With that, I'm oudda here for now, looking forward to being a part of this community.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 505 of 2202, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey good to see that you signed up VOGONS HighTreason 😀

Can't wait for another video of yours. The Casio videos are nice but your other videos are simply epic 🤣

The PC World video was so damn funny.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 507 of 2202, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry my workspace looks like crap, but it's an active lab/gaming areas, so it is what it is. I cleared out most of the test equipment out of the pics. Some of those are prototypes that aren't ready for prime time yet.

TspL2Ij.jpg
4QDXaOo.jpg
ECACnNu.jpg

Reply 509 of 2202, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PeterLI wrote:

Welcome! Your links are dead.

HighTreason: of course. The person who hates IBM (but has a 325T) & Roland. 😈

777th post! Cool! I love that #! 😀

Were you talking about mine? I wasn't sure, and they all show up on AT&T, Verizon, and DishNet... Does this board hate imgur links?

If I'm mistaken, I apologize in advance.

Reply 510 of 2202, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
HighTreason wrote:

Well, this is my "Hello World!" post for this forum as you don't have a "General Discussion" subforum and a "Say Hi" thread, not that that's a problem of course.

Funny was just checking some of your high treason videos on youtube 😀 Welcome to the forums.

Reply 512 of 2202, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PeterLI wrote:

The pictures now work! Nice spaghetti! Beautiful Last Supper painting BTW. 🤣

Thanks! 😁

BTW, that isn't a painting. My late father was a general contractor, and the son of of a cabinet maker, so that "painting" is actually individually cut and stained pieces of a variety of wood species, inlayed in the pattern of the last supper (I forget the term of the artform). He's also got an awesome scene he did when he was stationed in (then) West Germany. I might take better pics of those later, so you can see what I'm talking about.

*EDIT*

II hope this works, but I uploaded some 4K images to an imgur album, so hopefully you can see the details and wood grain better. Theoretically, all six pictures are HERE.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll scale down the pictures to embed them here. Hope you like it! I'm very proud of his artistic ability. 😁

Reply 513 of 2202, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ElectricMonk wrote:

II hope this works, but I uploaded some 4K images to an imgur album, so hopefully you can see the details and wood grain better. Theoretically, all six pictures are HERE.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll scale down the pictures to embed them here. Hope you like it! I'm very proud of his artistic ability. 😁

Very cool.

Reply 515 of 2202, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
obobskivich wrote:
tincup wrote:

Very cool.

You can say that again - those are very slick looking! 😳

Thank you! He'd be very proud to hear that. I think there are one or two more pieces some where in the house. If I find them, I'll add them to the album. He also did these crazily intricate geometric patterns out of crewel yarn, that was big in the 70s.

I get my artistic abilities by rights. 😁

Reply 517 of 2202, by Xolares

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alot more not in view 😊
20140307_144953_zpsbc063ee8.jpg

2x P3 800MHZ - 1GB PC133 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 64MB - Soundblaster AWE32 28MB 32Pin ISA & Music Quest ISA MIDI I/O + Roland SC-88 Pro - 2x IDE to CF 16GB Flash HDDs-Win98SE SP3 137GB+-Windows 2000 SP4R2-17" CRT NEC MultiSync 1600x1200

Reply 518 of 2202, by Holering

User metadata
HighTreason wrote:
Well, this is my "Hello World!" post for this forum as you don't have a "General Discussion" subforum and a "Say Hi" thread, not […]
Show full quote

corner0.png corner1.png

There's a lot of different stuff in those images, some of you might know me from YouTube or VCF and therefore might know what's in some of those. I don't expect I'll post a lot here but there are quite a few useful topics on this forum and I figured I may as well be a part of it from time to time. A couple of things I would like to make clear however as the questions always arise;

> I think IBM/Dell/Gateway/Whatever are garbage, please don't ram those down my throat like every other community has when you realize I don't use them or sold/scrapped them.
> Actually using synthesizers to create music taught me that Roland really is garbage, so don't push those on me either, this is a Casio/Yamaha house.
> I have some bad habbits such as not keeping machines particularly clean and doing bodgy fixes when they break. Smoke like a chimney too, yellow plastic everywhere.
> Scene rulez, I'd take the demos over anything else a machine could run any day so this might skew my opinions on things...
> ...I am highly opinionated, you'll get used to it. I do, however, respect the opinions of others. I can be competitive though - in good fun.
> I'm actually quite friendly, so don't let this list make you think I'm a d**k.

With that, I'm oudda here for now, looking forward to being a part of this community.

Greetings mate!

Your area reminds me of Neo's in the "Dreamworld" before he meets the white rabbit (The Matrix film). I see you like making music. If you use timidity++, there's a pat set floating around by the name of hugepats.zip at the qhimm Final Fantasy forums; it might be worth your time.

Reply 519 of 2202, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:
Well, this is my "Hello World!" post for this forum as you don't have a "General Discussion" subforum and a "Say Hi" thread, not […]
Show full quote

corner0.png corner1.png

Welcome to Vogons! I love your videos. 😁