post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 160 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

What a great idea for a post! I decided to take a slightly different approach to label items in the photos.

Why are these photos not displayed live in the thread (and need to be click downloaded)? I thought I was being clever to select 1024x768 as I saw others of this resolution that displayed live. What is the max jpeg resolution and file size which will display live in vogons threads?

Looks very tidy, kinda the opposite of here 🤣 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 161 of 2202, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't remember what the allowed pic size is, but it says so somewhere on Vogons - either in the FAQ, or in the thread post area. You are also limited by file size too, so that's something to bear in mind.

Another approach if you want "live" pics is to use a hosting site. The one I use is google's picaso, which is free and comes with a few tools, but its max "live/display" size is 800x600. I'm sure there are others which have a bigger max...Actually, if someone can recommend one, I might "jump ship" and try it.

Reply 162 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I use photobucket. It's pretty good and free.

Report spammers here!

Reply 163 of 2202, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

What a great idea for a post! I decided to take a slightly different approach to label items in the photos.

I inherited (from my dad) a solder pump just like the one in your pic; we always called it a "solder sucker" or "soldapult".

Why my photos not displayed live in the thread (and need to be click downloaded)? I thought I was being clever to select 1024x768 as I saw others of this resolution that displayed live. What is the max jpeg resolution and file size which will display live in vogons threads?

I think maybe because most people are uploading them to image hosting sites and then embedding them with img tags, instead of attaching them as files to their posts. I think I've seen image attachments get displayed in-line, though, so it must be a resolution issue or something.

The problem with imageshack and such is that some of them are blocked for me at work 🙁 I usually only check this thread from home because of that.

I *still* haven't manged to get some pics of my own in this thread. All of the things I mentioned wanting to do on the first page were accomplished over a year ago, and I even have a digital camera now to take pictures with. The only problem is my desk is a huge mess!

Reply 164 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:

...The only problem is my desk is a huge mess!

Pics! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 166 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AdamP wrote:

Both of my computing areas are pigsties at the moment. I may do some pictures once I've tidied them up a bit. Unless you don't mind seeing them untidy?

So it has a resemblance to this? :
DSC00597.jpg

😁

Last edited by Tetrium on 2011-06-22, 19:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Report spammers here!

Reply 168 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lol, that would take a year 😜
And no, I won't do it, it's my stuff!! All mine MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!111

Edit:Lol, I should call that pic "Breaking Newtons law of graphics 😜"

Report spammers here!

Reply 169 of 2202, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
So it has a resemblance to this? : http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetriuminside/DSC00597.jpg […]
Show full quote
AdamP wrote:

Both of my computing areas are pigsties at the moment. I may do some pictures once I've tidied them up a bit. Unless you don't mind seeing them untidy?

So it has a resemblance to this? :
DSC00597.jpg

😁

It's bad, but it's not quite that bad.

I've tidied one of them up a bit (but only a bit), so here are some pictures (as that's what this thread is for):

P1010120.jpg

My laptop I'm posting this from. (That USB cable is for the camera and not attached permanently)

P1010119.jpg

The desktops are underneath. (That DK Gold disc does have music, for those who read this thread, I just never got round to reporting back.)

And various games consoles (they are computers, so why not?):

P1010118.jpg

I may do the other one if I get a chance.

SavantStrike wrote:

make the thing 3 feet tall

How's this:?

P1010117.jpg

Reply 171 of 2202, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DonutKing wrote:
You're missing a 32X. […]
Show full quote

You're missing a 32X.

I've also seen this before:
genesistower.jpg

The way those Segas are stacked up they almost look like a vacuum cleaner.

Reply 173 of 2202, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey Tetrium, is that an IBM PS/2 keyboard? I've got one of those and it still works. Very nice! I've also got my old Sega, though my "tower of Barad-Dur" is not put together in this photo:

IMG_0015.jpg

Edit: That's Pier Solar in the 32X/Genesis slot. 😁 First cartridge I bought in over 15 years.

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 174 of 2202, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

Would powering up that monstrosity even result in a working system?

I doubt it, not just because it's so tall, but also because the Power Base Converter/Master System Converter isn't compatible with the 32X (which is why I haven't got one). I haven't even tried running my dwarf (compared to the other one) of a tower.

Reply 175 of 2202, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It almost certainly wouldn't work, if for no other reason than the cleaning cartridge in the middle of the stack. None of the cleaner carts I've ever seen have had any actual electrical connections in 'em...

Reply 177 of 2202, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DonutKing wrote:
You're missing a 32X. […]
Show full quote

You're missing a 32X.

I've also seen this before:
genesistower.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man. That's like the image of 32 VSA 100 chips on a board that was floating around the internet back in the day. Sure, it was a photo shop job, but it was funny.

Reply 178 of 2202, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think yours might work AdamP, although you'd probably just get the 'No Way?' screen of Sonic and Knuckles (and of course the secret Blue Sphere game)
Although I don't know about the master system converter working with S&K, never even seen on of those myself (I still have my Master System and Mega Drive, no need for the converter 😀 )

It is ridiculous just how many add-ons were released for the mega drive/genesis.

Reply 179 of 2202, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm actually afraid it might damage something. The Master System Converter II is a lot rarer than the original (which doesn't fit in the Mega Drive II without sawing it), and it cost me about £100.