VOGONS

post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 2202, by iulianv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sitting back and contemplating Tetrium's photos I realize that, for me at least, being able to give my useless stuff away (that is, finding it a new happy owner, not throwing it into the trash bin) brings equal satisfaction to acquiring new stuff that is rare, or cheap, or close 😀.

Reply 201 of 2202, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

I decided to take some pics of what my attic currently looks like. ----x-----

Attic? Attic? But...bu...but... I thought that was your computer shop!!!!! 🤣

Anyway, that's an attic I don't mind spending a large part of my life in. 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 202 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
iulianv wrote:

Sitting back and contemplating Tetrium's photos I realize that, for me at least, being able to give my useless stuff away (that is, finding it a new happy owner, not throwing it into the trash bin) brings equal satisfaction to acquiring new stuff that is rare, or cheap, or close 😀.

True that! The only problem is I simply haven't gotten into actually checking what I have enough of because of the large amount of stuff.
But now that it's almost done (only thing left to do is all the cabled, HSF's, adapters and other miscellaneous stuff and make room on the new workbench) I come across stuff I forgot I even had.
I labeled all my (kiwi)boxes now and I'll create a new thread with the stuff I put in the "Weird, ??? and WTF!!" box 😜
But if anyone happens to be in dire need of an ASUS A7V133 1.05 (which is of virtually no interest actually, but I once got a BOX full of em), I got plenty left L O L!
I'll also have a couple old ATX cases left over pretty soon...local pickup only 😜

Malik wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

I decided to take some pics of what my attic currently looks like. ----x-----

Attic? Attic? But...bu...but... I thought that was your computer shop!!!!! 🤣

Anyway, that's an attic I don't mind spending a large part of my life in. 😁

Funny that you mention it, I'm actually re-organizing the attic to be exactly that, the layout of a computer repair shop!
It seemed like a natural thing to do.

Soon, I will achieve victo...I mean soon I will have my own private computershop/mancave to spend countless hours in! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 203 of 2202, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's been ages since I last logged in. I throught I'd make my first post in awhile be a picture of my latest toy.

It's a Fujitsu Lifebook B2610 circa 2002. 10" XGA screen, 20gb hard drive, 256mb PC100, 8mb ATI Rage, Tualatin core Pentium III-m. I have it running Windows 2000 now. The thing is pretty scuffed up though the I was able to cover the ugliest part with a sticker. Aside from having attractive styling and being very small (less than inch thick, smaller footprint than letter paper), this computer is particularly interesting for having a touch screen. There's a slot next to the screen to hold a pen but that's missing. However, finger or old Palm stylus work just fine.

[edit: sorry, messed that up. photo will be here in a minute as soon as camera is charged]

Reply 204 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The attic is FINALLY (almost...) complete, but my camera decided it was time to recharge the battery! -_-

Still doing some little tidbits here and there though, but we all know a hobby is never truely finished anyway 😁

It's unbelievable how much junk I managed to cram into such a tiny space 🤣, if anyone living in NL happens to be looking for one (or a couple) ATX cases, feel free to send me a pm. I got too many ATX cases and am going to toss the older ones. Before I toss them, I'll check to make sure they have the correct AT mounting holes. I'll be sorting through my ATX cases in the next couple days to decide which ones will have to go.
If noone picks them up I'll send them to the scrappers together with all my other metal junk (a car full of it!).
Btw, it's local pickup only, I don't have a drivers license and mail seems somewhat costly.

I did come across some really odd stuff of course, worthy of a thread of it's own 🤣!
Amongst things, I re-discovered I had 2 MCA cards laying around, one token ring (bleh) and one graphics card which was pretty large, a Spectre..something.
Also found an 8-bit ET3000 VGA(?) card, lots of odd memory (ever seen a SDRAM module with 2 rows of 8 memory chips...each side? No registered or ECC, it's exactly like a normal SDRAM module, but then the doubledecker variant 😜

And I even found my trusty ol' parallel ZIP drive! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 205 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pics! 😁

I'm keeping typing short because of my RSI I have atm. Oh well, not the first time 🤣, time to spend more time doing anything but spending countless hours modding BF2142 SP 😜

Edit: woops, here come the pics
I couldn't get the thumbnails to work this early in the morning, sorry for the inconvenience:

The "random parts that still need to be cleaned/tested and ordered into storage"
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00676.jpg
2 of the parts corners
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00677.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00678.jpg
The desk + pic of below the dest (had to use the space so I could cram even more stuff in here 😜)
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00675.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00680.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00683.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00684.jpg
Computer case row
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00681.jpg
Drawers with CPU's
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00679.jpg
The random pic
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/tetr … de/DSC00682.jpg

Hope I at least got the links in line with the descriptions 😜

It was a LOOOT of work and as you can see from the new desk, I'm already enjoying it 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 208 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:

Wooo, all arranged neatly... I'm in the midst of remodelling my home office/ study too. Giving it a repaint and a redecorating, all in white to give it a sorta a lab look.

Interesting! Can't wait for the pics! 😁

If you done it right, then you never want to go through that ever again Lol!
I had a couple days I couldn't even touch a cardboard box without it giving me the feel of someone walking over my grave or something, I was fed up with ordering. But I just left it alone for couple days, after that I went 1 way to the finish line!

And I know it's not perfectly tidy, but a hobby is never finished, ay? 😉

Anyway, I'm already working on a couple new rigs.
2 need a new case (working on them) and 1 just needs it's drivers and such.

On the bench is a Tully board btw, not sure if I'll actually complete a rig from it, but at least it supports the 1.4s 😀

Edit:And after having tidied the attic, it's a much more enjoyable place to work in. My own private computer shop, 9 years in the making! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 209 of 2202, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

Pics! 😁

LoL, that is ludicrous, i though myself to be a fairly hardcore collector of hardware but you sir deserve an award for this.

Im rearranging my storing and also building a secondary computing post in my basement , will try to post some pics eventually.

Reply 211 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MaxWar wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

Pics! 😁

LoL, that is ludicrous, i though myself to be a fairly hardcore collector of hardware but you sir deserve an award for this.

Im rearranging my storing and also building a secondary computing post in my basement , will try to post some pics eventually.

Please do!! 😁
And thanks! 😁

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Very nice Tetrium!

Cheers mate! 😁
You're opinion is always valued by me hehe 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 212 of 2202, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hehe if I ever get the opportunity to visit you I will camp upstairs 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 213 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

And of the very few people who would actually be granted permission to enter my mancave, you are on that very short list 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 214 of 2202, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:

And of the very few people who would actually be granted permission to enter my mancave, you are on that very short list 😉

😊 😀

Returning the offer, though my current living situation is really crap. Might change next year though and I can do some retro gaming in the Australian outback 😁

Reply 216 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

You'd have to get him to lower the drawbridge and raise the portcullis first. 😁

And help me remember to tell the snipers, you know how forgetful I am 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 217 of 2202, by bailey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm definitely not as loaded up as you guys, but here's what my area looks like.. for the most part. This is a few years old, and I've now a nice Dell U2410f monitor, which I love. The old computer on the right is just a P75, 32b ram, 4gb hd, SB16 (one of the first SB16 models, came with a 2x CD drive and a bunch of crappy software for the low price of $500 back in like 1993), MPU-IPC, MT-32, and some sort of S3 video card. The other is just an empty case.

eQ5oy.jpg

Here are my games

cMWDO.jpg

Reply 218 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I like those big box games! 😁

Still need a way of giving my own games a more respectable way to store them then a couple cardboard boxes shoved under my bed 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 219 of 2202, by bailey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I just got the sealed Stunts and Sim City 2000 Special Edition a few days ago. I should have a Disney's Coaster coming in soon, too, which I'm really looking forward to. It may seem odd to some people to collect old games like this, but I look at it like someone who purchases books for their library -- They may not ever read the books again once they've read them a few times, but they're always there for future reference and to share with others.

I definitely know what you mean about the storage issues. I ended up picking up the shelf at an Ikea and it seems to do pretty well. I'm thinking I need to get another one soon.