post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 542 of 2209, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Harekiet wrote:

haha that's awesome rqart. There's still quite a bit of space left for more screens.

The top right screen has just been replaced with a 22" 1080p because it was too small for the CCTV cameras that support 1080p resolution and I am trying to figure out where to install the next monitor bracket for the Ubuntu server that resides in the closet. I'm running the VGA signals through Cat6 cable and data points I have installed throughout the house walls. The next thing I need to do is some serious cable management behind the desk and in the server closet.

obobskivich wrote:
Harekiet wrote:

haha that's awesome rqart. There's still quite a bit of space left for more screens.

Indeed. 🤣

Also, are those actual cupholders I'm seeing on that chair?

Yup cupholders 😀

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 544 of 2209, by miljo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
badmojo wrote:

"...retro machine...

Hey badmojo. What's the make and model of that PC case? I think I had one with that tree logo on it around 20 years ago (I could also be completely wrong).

Reply 545 of 2209, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
miljo wrote:

Hey badmojo. What's the make and model of that PC case? I think I had one with that tree logo on it around 20 years ago (I could also be completely wrong).

Just a clone I found at the tip - the badge is my own design:

Case badges

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 546 of 2209, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My desk right now, while processing data of a new ad I'm going to place as these sets on there need to go.

Computer specs:
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.26v on Corsair H100i | VGA: AMD Club 3D HD7870XT Tahiti LE 2GB | Mobo: AsRock Z77E-ITX | PSU: Corsair RM650 Gold | Ram: GSkill 2x4GB 2133MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB | Creative Inspire T3100 2.1
Monitors: HP w2448hc (2009) 24" 1920x1200 glossy, height adjust, light sensor, webcam, usb hub, hdmi, dvi, vga & Hitachi CM772ET 19" (2001) CRT flat 1600x1200@85Hz for TV viewing, chatting, music playlist displaying, and of course retro feeling on retro games 😁 😁
Retro PC is moving out of my room as decided.

room_zps1e0422dd.jpg

1. Athlon XP 3200+ | ASUS A7V600 | Radeon 9500 @ Pro | SB Audigy 2 ZS | 80GB IDE, 500GB SSD IDE2Sata, 2x1TB HDDs | Win 98SE, XP, Vista
2. Pentium MMX 266| Qdi Titanium IIIB | Hercules graphics & Amber monitor | 1 + 10GB HDDs | DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, 95C

Reply 548 of 2209, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All my previous desks were exactly as you describe.
So I thought "you have space, why don't you make a biiiig one, bigger than your needs this time?"

I ended up with a 2,3m wide, 2,5mm thick desk, screwed on the wall almost totally. 😀

1. Athlon XP 3200+ | ASUS A7V600 | Radeon 9500 @ Pro | SB Audigy 2 ZS | 80GB IDE, 500GB SSD IDE2Sata, 2x1TB HDDs | Win 98SE, XP, Vista
2. Pentium MMX 266| Qdi Titanium IIIB | Hercules graphics & Amber monitor | 1 + 10GB HDDs | DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, 95C

Reply 551 of 2209, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My current test bench 😀

From front to back:

Slot 1 with Pentium III 1.1 GHz, S3 graphics and 3dfx Voodoo
386DX-40 with Cirrus Logic ISA VGA
Asrock Socket 478 board with 2 GB DDR and Pentium 4 3.2 GHz.
My time machine which is based on a DFI Super Socket 7 board with a Pentium 200 running at 66 x 1.5 = 100 MHz and caches disabled.

You don't want to see the rest of the room. A bit of a "creative" mess at the moment 🤣

iBvmNmAh.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 553 of 2209, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:
My current test bench :) […]
Show full quote

My current test bench 😀

From front to back:

Slot 1 with Pentium III 1.1 GHz, S3 graphics and 3dfx Voodoo
386DX-40 with Cirrus Logic ISA VGA
Asrock Socket 478 board with 2 GB DDR and Pentium 4 3.2 GHz.
My time machine which is based on a DFI Super Socket 7 board with a Pentium 200 running at 66 x 1.5 = 100 MHz and caches disabled.

You don't want to see the rest of the room. A bit of a "creative" mess at the moment 🤣

Creative mess..I hear you mate. I like that there's something going on all the time.
Hate it when I run out of projects.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 554 of 2209, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hehe. In the process of cleaning up a little and getting more storage boxes. But they ran out of lids at the super market so I'll try again next week. I have a bit of space left on my shelf but at some point even that will get filled. Planning on taking a panorama picture when I'm all done.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 555 of 2209, by trunk70

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
retrofanatic wrote:

Very Nice setup...are you sure those speakers (are they JVC?) you are using magnetically shielded?

Heu... No ^^ But i have no problem for the moment with these JVC speakers.

Vous devriez voir ce que je vois.

Reply 556 of 2209, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
trunk70 wrote:
retrofanatic wrote:

Very Nice setup...are you sure those speakers (are they JVC?) you are using magnetically shielded?

Heu... No ^^ But i have no problem for the moment with these JVC speakers.

heh...just seemed a bit precarious having some of that cool software right next to a non magnetically shielded speaker 🤣, but I guess some of that software is CD based anyways so it shouldn't matter all that much.....

....but at least please save those Might and Magic Darkside and Clouds Xeen game floppies from damage! 🤣

Reply 557 of 2209, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When it comes to floppys, magnetism is nothing compared to mold. Now that's a huge worry. I think I lost all of mine because of that. 😢