post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 1320 of 1579, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
oeuvre wrote:

damn so period correct! have those same speakers as well! legendary

i have the subwoofer too. the whole set is nos.

lzlQbkn.png

Reply 1322 of 1579, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I finally have a part of a basement room to myself (because we now do have a basement, yay!) and would like to build my retro corner in there. However, I am looking for creative ways of stacking / connecting monitors / PCs / other retro hardware as well as any other cool ideas. For example when watching retrobattlestations reddit I have found some nice kvm switch solutions and the idea to hang period-correct ads of the hardware on the wall (neat!). So perhaps I can learn something from your retro corners as well - please share how you've set up your VOGONS corners?

Reply 1324 of 1579, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wirerogue wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

What's the model # for the subwoofer?

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 1325 of 1579, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Murugan wrote:
Here ya go: http://i.imgur.com/gR2wyGcm.jpg Nothing fancy so far but my PC room is about to get some neon, Tron poster etc... :) […]
Show full quote

Here ya go:
gR2wyGcm.jpg
Nothing fancy so far but my PC room is about to get some neon, Tron poster etc... 😀

Very nice. Clean, ordered. I like it. These other photos, however - you really do have a s**tton of old hardware, man! It looks like a small warehouse!

Reply 1326 of 1579, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
oeuvre wrote:
wirerogue wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

What's the model # for the subwoofer?

its the ACS160.

lzlQbkn.png

Reply 1327 of 1579, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OldCat wrote:

Very nice. Clean, ordered. I like it. These other photos, however - you really do have a s**tton of old hardware, man! It looks like a small warehouse!

Merged topic.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1329 of 1579, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
OldCat wrote:
Murugan wrote:
Here ya go: http://i.imgur.com/gR2wyGcm.jpg Nothing fancy so far but my PC room is about to get some neon, Tron poster etc... :) […]
Show full quote

Here ya go:
gR2wyGcm.jpg
Nothing fancy so far but my PC room is about to get some neon, Tron poster etc... 😀

If I could, I would use 2 desks along 2 adjacent walls and put up one of my IBM XT's and a system for my SC-88. Since that is not possible, I chose my 386 and MT-32. One day maybe I'll replace it with an all-in-one AMD K6 PC....
Hmmmm yes, I have too much hardware I know 🙁 It got even more this weekend!

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 1330 of 1579, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
OldCat wrote:

Merged topic.

Thanks. I did use the search function, as I vaguely remembered there was such thread here already. I just couldn't find it ("computing area" - argh, haven't thought about that one!). Sorry for the trouble.

Reply 1331 of 1579, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OldCat wrote:

Hah! With that setup, I would dress the place up like a 90s computer shop that I got to live in. 😀 I would even make a little sign for the PC... "386" as bold negative space in a bunch of thick parallel colored lines .. "$1500". 🤣

Reply 1333 of 1579, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks. I like to organise my stuff so that I don't have to look for too long :p
I am lucky that I have a big attic in this house haha.

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 1334 of 1579, by ShovelKnight

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

JfH0lQ857gcX53KKUFQr.jpeg

My main computer is a 2018 Mac mini (6-core i5, 32GB RAM, 512GB internal SSD) barely visible under the left display.

The displays are a 4K 24-inch LG (on the right) and a Lenovo ThinkVision which is about 20 inch in size (1440x900). I plan to get an eGPU for the Mac mini as soon as funds allow.

I'm also going to replace the Lenovo display with a modern 22-inch FullHD monitor (probably Iiyama) and use the Lenovo for my upcoming retro build.

Although Lenovo is the wrong aspect ratio, it supports 75Hz in all resolutions and its built-in scaler is passable.

Reply 1335 of 1579, by Bige4u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just a temporary setup... test and tune night. Enjoy

Pentium3 1400s / Asus Tusl2-c / Crucial 256mb pc133 cl2 / WD 20gb 7200rpm / GeForce3 Ti500 64mb / SB Live! 5.1 / 16x dvdrom / 3.5'' Floppy / Enermax 420w 20pin / Win98se

Attachments

• 101_3929.JPG
    Filename
    101_3929.JPG
    File size
    422.57 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Pentium3 1400s / Asus Tusl2-c / Kingston 512mb pc133 cl2 / WD 20gb 7200rpm / GeForce3 Ti500 64mb / SB Live! 5.1 / 16x dvdrom / 3.5'' Floppy / Enermax 420w / Win98se

Reply 1337 of 1579, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's my home desk. Nothing fancy, just a MacBook Pro "13 (2013), a RaspBerry Pi3 and a Rubik's Cube...

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0297.jpg
    File size
    940.51 KiB
    Views
    File license

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.

Reply 1338 of 1579, by sledge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I will be moving in a few months, so this lair of mine will soon become the thing of the past 😀

vtIMG_20190430_185821.jpg
Filename
vtIMG_20190430_185821.jpg
File size
219.8 KiB
Views
File license

doshaven.eu / high-voltage.cz

Reply 1339 of 1579, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sledge wrote:

I will be moving in a few months, so this lair of mine will soon become the thing of the past 😀

I spy with my little eye a nice Schneider monitor. 😀 A fellow man of culture.