User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cloudschatze wrote:
http://www.symphoniae.com/misc/rsx_s.jpg […]
Show full quote

rsx_s.jpg

Wow, come to think of it I actually never seen the satellites that came with those VAIO systems, I always just saw the sub in ads/reviews. They sound any good?

Reply 142 of 2209, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bushwack wrote:

Wow, come to think of it I actually never seen the satellites that came with those VAIO systems, I always just saw the sub in ads/reviews. They sound any good?

The Sony monitor has some rather anemic built-in side speakers, as well as the subwoofer in the base, but the two (Bose) satellites are part of Media Vision's "Memphis" system, which includes that wedge-shaped CD-ROM unit pictured atop the RSX. The Memphis' PAS16-compatible interface card and a Gravis Ultrasound PnP are installed in the system's two expansion slots.

Having that many speakers directly in one's face makes for a pretty decent sounding experience, for sure... 🤣

Reply 144 of 2209, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

How have you equipped your RSX? You usually do some cool things with your Tandys...
😀

Nothing terribly exciting, but in addition to the Media Vision Memphis system and GUS PnP, the RSX is equipped with a 340MB Microdrive and a snap-on CPU upgrade, bumping it from a 386/25 to a 486/50. System and VRAM are maxed out, per the norm. I had a math co-processor installed until just recently, when it was removed and used as part of a trade.

Reply 145 of 2209, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

sam0186v.th.jpg

sam0183e.th.jpg

Not much here; my desktop stuff is usually locked away in my closet. Still haven't taken the wrapping off my TV yet either. 😀

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 146 of 2209, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I need to get married and reorganize all my junk- er, vintage gaming preciousness before I post a full photo of it. Right now my room looks like the Trinity test site after Oppenheimer visited.

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 147 of 2209, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jmrydholm wrote:

I need to get married and reorganize all my junk- er, vintage gaming preciousness before I post a full photo of it. Right now my room looks like the Trinity test site after Oppenheimer visited.

If you get married you won't have anything left to organize because she'll make it all go away.

Reply 148 of 2209, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm marrying a gamer girl. 😁 I'm saved 🤣

“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi

Reply 149 of 2209, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jmrydholm wrote:

ZOMG you lucky git!

If only I could find someone worth marrying.

then again...I don't think I'll even want to marry. For me the long distance thing would be good enough

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 150 of 2209, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jmrydholm wrote:

Oh, did I neglect to mention that the sports car will be the first thing to go? They'll act like it's really cool when you're dating, but secretly they'll be counting the days until the "For Sale" sign goes up in the window. 🤣

Reply 151 of 2209, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
ZOMG you lucky git! […]
Show full quote
jmrydholm wrote:

ZOMG you lucky git!

then again...I don't think I'll even want to marry. For me the long distance thing would be good enough

The long distance thing never works. She'll be sleeping with every guy who looks her way if you're not there to keep an eye on her.

Reply 152 of 2209, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
ZOMG you lucky git! […]
Show full quote
jmrydholm wrote:

ZOMG you lucky git!

The long distance thing never works. She'll be sleeping with every guy who looks her way if you're not there to keep an eye on her.

But having her in your house is no guarantee either, and I'd rather not have a break-up after a couple years and the courts decide that -->I<-- have to move out!
I'm renting a house and after 2 years, anyone who lives with you automatically gets the same rights as you do as a renter.

I'd rather have her sleep with other guys then having to move out of the house I had to wait over 10 years to get.
Then I'd have to start at the beginning of the cue again and after 5 years you can get a house, the most crappy one with a too high rent.
Housing is a curse here in The Netherlands

But anyway, lets get back on topic! 😁
My attic is making some progress, I promise pics once I got something to show! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 153 of 2209, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's *part* of my (portable) computing area 🤣

0531101639-00.jpg

And here's another area:
IMG_0017.jpg

(Although it's not "computing" per se!)

Reply 154 of 2209, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cloudschatze wrote:
http://www.symphoniae.com/misc/rsx_s.jpg […]
Show full quote

rsx_s.jpg

Nice, Cloudschatze. But where do you keep your feet when using for a long time?

jmrydholm wrote:
And here's another area: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/ebondefender/IMG_0017.jpg […]
Show full quote

And here's another area:
IMG_0017.jpg

Nice!

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 155 of 2209, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jmrydholm wrote:
Here's *part* of my (portable) computing area lol […]
Show full quote

Here's *part* of my (portable) computing area 🤣

And here's another area:
IMG_0017.jpg

Where's the game genie, sonic and knuckles, and EA title with early mode 7 chip? C'mon if you're going to put a 32X on it, make the thing 3 feet tall 😁.

Reply 156 of 2209, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got the Game Genie! (little drawer on the right side) but sadly no original Sonic and Knuckles cart. (I have the Sonic Collection on Gamecube for that)

Ironically- I made the long distance thing work. She moved from Idaho for me haha I win

Reply 157 of 2209, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jmrydholm wrote:

Got the Game Genie! (little drawer on the right side) but sadly no original Sonic and Knuckles cart. (I have the Sonic Collection on Gamecube for that)

Ironically- I made the long distance thing work. She moved from Idaho for me haha I win

I've never been married, but from what I hear, you might want to stop using words like "I win." It's bad for your health 🤣. But congratulations, I hope someday I'll be so lucky but she's going to have to put up with my insanity 😜.

Reply 159 of 2209, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What a great idea for a post! I decided to take a slightly different approach to label items in the photos.

Why my photos not displayed live in the thread (and need to be click downloaded)? I thought I was being clever to select 1024x768 as I saw others of this resolution that displayed live. What is the max jpeg resolution and file size which will display live in vogons threads?

Attachments

• Filename
    Testbed.jpg
    File size
    313.49 KiB
    Downloads
    178 downloads
    File comment
    Motherboard testing station
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    Tualatin_Station.jpg
    File size
    292.29 KiB
    Downloads
    182 downloads
    File comment
    Station used to test software code on different platforms
    File license
  • Filename
    486_PIII_Station.jpg
    File size
    342.88 KiB
    Downloads
    193 downloads
    File comment
    486-PIII Retrocomputing Research Station
    File license
Last edited by feipoa on 2011-06-12, 09:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.