Reply 40 of 47, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
sliderider wrote:
sebaz_ri wrote:

Thanks, and how overclock the Cx 5x86

I wouldn't overclock that chip just yet until you talk to feipoa. I don't think you get much wiggle room with the clocks on the Cyrix chips and you don't want to burn it up. Cyrix 5x86 chips are pretty hard to come by so you don't want to have to replace one because you overclocked it too much.

Yup 😁

Better practice with the AMD 5x86 first 😁

i do not have AMD 5x86 😒

Reply 41 of 47, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sebaz_ri wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
sliderider wrote:

I wouldn't overclock that chip just yet until you talk to feipoa. I don't think you get much wiggle room with the clocks on the Cyrix chips and you don't want to burn it up. Cyrix 5x86 chips are pretty hard to come by so you don't want to have to replace one because you overclocked it too much.

Yup 😁

Better practice with the AMD 5x86 first 😁

i do not have AMD 5x86 😒

I've bought a couple at www.cpu-world.com, they are quite cheap there and pop up very regularly for like €5 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 43 of 47, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sebaz_ri wrote:

@tetrium
they make deliveries to Argentina?

They ship worldwide I think. Never had it happening that shipping to Europe (where I live) was a problem.
Only thing that comes to mind is volcanic ash or something 😜

I even once had a couple CPU's and a motherboard (untested) shipped to me from Australia...by ship!
Seller mentioned it could take up to 3 months...but it took even longer 🤣

Edit:Only drawback is you don't have any guarantees that you'll receive a working chip, but that's inherent to retro hardware I think

Report spammers here!

Reply 45 of 47, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
They ship worldwide I think. Never had it happening that shipping to Europe (where I live) was a problem. Only thing that comes […]
Show full quote
sebaz_ri wrote:

@tetrium
they make deliveries to Argentina?

They ship worldwide I think. Never had it happening that shipping to Europe (where I live) was a problem.
Only thing that comes to mind is volcanic ash or something 😜

I even once had a couple CPU's and a motherboard (untested) shipped to me from Australia...by ship!
Seller mentioned it could take up to 3 months...but it took even longer 🤣

Edit:Only drawback is you don't have any guarantees that you'll receive a working chip, but that's inherent to retro hardware I think

When you ship by surface mail, there isn't even any guarantee that the package will arrive at all. That's why the US post office doesn't do it anymore. It takes too long, the risk of theft and damage is too high, and they were paying out too many insurance claims which was causing them to lose money. Always have things sent by air. It's safer that way even if it costs more. I've always had good luck with EMS shipping when buying from other countries.

Reply 46 of 47, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sebaz_ri wrote:
@tetrium how many is the money (in argentinian $) that i should pay for delivery at argentina I make my post here http://www.cpu […]
Show full quote

@tetrium
how many is the money (in argentinian 🤑 that i should pay for delivery at argentina
I make my post here
http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128030#128030

That would depend on where the seller is located.
My best advice is to keep a close eye on this subforum: http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Second tip: refresh often!!! 😁

Edit:Right now someone's selling heaps of s370 chips for cheap. If you need any, take a look 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 47 of 47, by udam_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sebaz_ri wrote:

from where i can download pcpbench?

Sorry for the delay. Here you are link to the Pc Player Benchmark: pcpbench

Regards! (:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.