VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by 7cjbill2

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lots of us have been through this. Just about everything I have in my vintage PC's I "had" at one time and got rid of....only to buy again when I got the vintage gaming bug. Of course, my MAIN PC now used for IL-2 is probably vintage at about 3-4YO. Good job!

Will pay $$$ for:

caching ISA I/O-IDE controller

PM me for my list of trade-ables...

Reply 22 of 23, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tweaked the system a bit. I got tired of the Golden Orb being so loud (and I couldn't re-find the post referencing a fan voltage adapter one of you posted) so I gave another HS/F a shot. It's much quieter, and seems to do the job, even though it's not a very beefy heatsink.

I also swapped the Ti-4200 for a MX-440 while I was going on my silent-PC kick. Even with GeForce-2-like performance, it still does the job for the games I'm playing.

I also added some new pictures, including one with my newly-acquired 14" LCD.

Reply 23 of 23, by 7cjbill2

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know on e-Gad you can source some 60mm x 38mm "Intel" branded fans that have a 3-wire plug. They appear to have a little thermistor on them that regulates the RPM w/o needing a PWM connector on the motherboard. I've got two of these on my Alpha heatsink in my GLide PC. Really great fans, I recommend, if you've got the room and an application for it.

Will pay $$$ for:

caching ISA I/O-IDE controller

PM me for my list of trade-ables...