I thought this was pretty cool.
http://hardwarelogic.com/articles.php?id=5259

-

Attachments

Reply 1 of 7, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haha I remember this review, cracked me up the first time I read it. I still want to get one of those Dells and modify the side to say BEEFY COMPUTER instead of Dell, and fit it with the correct hardware. Maybe that will be my next build...

Interestingly, the CS: Global Offensive beta still has the same old computer models, which is funny because everything else in CS_Office looks so much nicer than in CSS.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 3 of 7, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had one of those, but I fried the pentium 4, I was stupid and I took it out but I accidently touched the pins and then I freaked out because I was worried I would zap it so I ended up accidently dropping it, the drop probably killed it.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 6 of 7, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a Dell behind my desk where I work that looks a lot like that. It's an old Precision 370. I think it's running two ~40GB drives in a Raid array, Windows XP. We actually use the SCSI card in it to interface an old scanner for batch jobs. It's not such a bad machine, IMHO.

I ought to draw up a "Beefy Computer" logo in Photoshop and tape it on the side. See if anyone notices. :3

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ