VOGONS

First post, by bucket

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I helped a friend clean out his garage before Christmas. In it was an old PC which he let me have. I hadn't had a good look at it until recently, but imagine my surprise when it turned out to be quite a popular model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MYIFYfaVA

I have the desktop configuration (not the tower), so it's harder for me to tell if it's the revised model or not. I'm pretty sure it has PS/2 connections. It has a SB16 and an ATI card. I'll have to take another look at it later for the rest.

Reply 1 of 6, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pics of inside the case please 😀 Sounds cool though. What are your plans for keyboard/mouse/display? I always think these old PCs deserve some retro input devices and a CRT.

Reply 2 of 6, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's my video! Congrats on scoring such a nice vintage machine, in the 486 class of home systems it really doesn't get much better than a Gateway 2000, especially if you hook up an AnyKey keyboard. I sold my towers but I kept backups of the original Gateway software & drivers CD-ROMs so let me know if you need anything.

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Reply 3 of 6, by lwill1975

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to invoke an old thread, but regarding the last message and offer to provide materials, I am in need of any software or product manuals for this, if it is available.

I have a 486DX2-66v Full Tower Gateway 2000

Thank you so much

Reply 4 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Most likely uses an Anigma motherboard.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 5 of 6, by lwill1975

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thought it was a micronics jx30 but now you got me curious and will crack it open and check. oh but I got the system from siliconclassics by the way, hope it is for the same model. I have it as a dos only gaming rig, here is pic and will post all my specs soon...
ie441h.jpg

Reply 6 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You're probably right. I'm mostly likely getting it confused with the full tower EISA model. I couldn't click the link, because I'm behind the great firewall of China.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium