VOGONS

Intel AL440LX

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 47, by W.x.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does Intel AL440LX has ability to set FSB to 75 Mhz?
I see, there is some kind of configuration utility, that detects CPU, so you can set the speed (from 200-333 mhz). It is probably only for 66 mhz FSB. But can it be changed in BIOS, or through jumpers to 75?

Does 3rd party programs like softFSB work, and can it be changed to 75 mhz through software ? (so for DOS it cannot be changed?)

Reply 42 of 47, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2019-05-03, 00:52:
I had one of those 440lx dual cpu motherboard. I used as a personal web server running Sun Solaris x86 edition. Back in the 1990 […]
Show full quote

I had one of those 440lx dual cpu motherboard. I used as a personal web server running Sun Solaris x86 edition.
Back in the 1990’s
Dual P2-333mhz.
ATI Xpert 98 AGP video
Onboard SCSI
IBM SCSI drives.
Worked great but it’s a server board with not sleep or power management options.
It’s always on.

That sounds pleasant .. Nothing annoys me more than default sleep settings .. 🤣

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 43 of 47, by W.x.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2021-08-22, 23:14:

I think all that many years ago I used H Oda's SoftFSB program.

Thank you. So only through 3rd party software? No way to set it through jumpers or in BIOS? Even some "unofficial" setting?
That program for setting FSB is only for windows 9x , xp?

Because, I need 75 FSB also under DOS. (for benchmarks). Is there a way to change it also in DOS?

Reply 44 of 47, by W.x.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2021-08-22, 23:14:

I think all that many years ago I used H Oda's SoftFSB program.

Ok, so no option to change FSB to 75 mhz through BIOS, or jumpers/switches? I need to know it for sure. I need some LX or EX, on which you can set 75 mhz also in DOS (for benchmarks), so through BIOS/jumpers.

Reply 47 of 47, by W.x.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2021-08-27, 09:10:

There are no FSB jumpers on my 440LX, only multiplier. There are no BIOS options either. It's why I used SoftFSB...

Thank you, now I know. So motherboard is capable of 75, maybe updates BIOS would help, right? Problem is, Intel wasn't willing to put it on it, so it needs to be 3rd party.
And under DOS? Is there a program, that is capable changing FSB?