VOGONS

First post, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

recently put together a win95 PC here my latest win 95 rig . I decided to take some of the constructive critisism and rethink the build with a new case/mb. my last case was a small AT case and it had issues with space and airflow.

i know its lost the retro coolness of my old AT case but i've gained alot of room inside
djcx.jpg

7soy.jpg

th36.jpg

motherboard: Abit ab-bh6
CPU: Pentium II 300mhz
RAM: 384MB SDRAM
Virge/GX
Rightous Orchid Voodoo 1
Creative DRX2 DVD card
AWE64 Gold + mem expansion
AHA-2940W SCSI card and a 7200rpm 9.1GB SCSI hard drive

wires are still a little messy but its much better then before. more room for airflow. the CPU got upgraded a bit and now I have room for a SimmConn memory expansion for the AWE64. added a Zip drive and USB even works now.

I had a hard time deciding on the video card. almost went with a TNT but decided on the virge for the s3d games

Reply 3 of 8, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
northernosprey02 wrote:

Your rigs was nice, but BX are overkill for Windows 95 😜

perhaps, it is pushing it when it comes to my timeframe I limited myself to (BX retailed in April and win98 in June) but eh. Its a good chipset and it was what on the Motherboard I found cheap at goodwill.

Reply 4 of 8, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
soviet conscript wrote:
northernosprey02 wrote:

Your rigs was nice, but BX are overkill for Windows 95 😜

perhaps, it is pushing it when it comes to my timeframe I limited myself to (BX retailed in April and win98 in June) but eh. Its a good chipset and it was what on the Motherboard I found cheap at goodwill.

I think it is perfect, since I read most people back then didn't want to move from OSR 2.5 to 98 first edition because the latter wasn't very polished

Great build, I like it.

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 5 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

BX is super stable and reliable. A good choice!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 8, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

I find that a case badge really helps the look of this case.
For example,
Cyrix MII-433GP Build

I completly agree. I need to use some goo-gone and super glue and transfer the badges off my old case. The thing that sucks about this case though is the whole panel that comes off that basicly covers the PC is incorrect. its from a diffrent case apperently and doesnt really fit on the case correctly. you cant tell from the pics but yhea...