VOGONS

Post pics of your CRT monitors

Topic actions

Reply 460 of 464, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, maybe, but it sounds somewhat different (and much louder) from when I actually actively use the degauss button, hence my question...
AND, my other monitors does NOT do that (or ANY crt monitor I've ever encountered), power-on degauss I mean... which makes it hard to compare.

So, it'd be just nice to know if this particular model really has a forced degauss on start-up.
(or if it is something else)

Reply 462 of 464, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Decided to take some better pictures of this lil' fellow, my LG 702S from 2003. Despite being a mid-to-low end model it still has a dual focus tube (a feature often found on high end CRT monitors)

Only 17 inches but it's still insanely bright for its age, probably hinting that it is a low hour unit which didn't see much use.

Attachments

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 463 of 464, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bestemor wrote on 2020-10-15, 15:02:
Just wondering, does your ViewSonic give out a loud 'bang' every time it is turned on ? Mine does, and have done that since I bo […]
Show full quote
kixs wrote on 2020-10-04, 12:20:
Latest additions to my collection :lol: […]
Show full quote

Latest additions to my collection 🤣

22" ViewSonic P227f
17" Sony G200

https://i.imgur.com/OuoOzdG.jpg

OuoOzdGl.jpg

Just wondering, does your ViewSonic give out a loud 'bang' every time it is turned on ?
Mine does, and have done that since I bought it brand new in box... Not sure if I should worry etc...
Seems fine otherwise, so... (?)

And, what month/year is yours from ?

PS: and in what kind of marvellous shop did you find these monitors ?!
As I notice they even have SEVERAL Voodoo 5500 AGP for sale, on the shelves in the background there...?!! 😮

Higher end monitors did the degause at power on. So there is nothing to worry about.

Mine is from 2006/02.

I found the monitor locally - around 180km from me. I needed half a year to make the trip as I never go in that direction 🤣

"The shop" is actually my storage place in the attic 😁 Yes, many nice things are there... sometimes I even surprise myself as I forget what I have 🤣

My Amibay: SALE | BUY - Updated on 2020-05-25

Reply 464 of 464, by SVD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Posted this in the bought today tread already, did not know about this tread.
This Nokia 21" 445Xi will be my main retro monitor now ^^ It also made the biggest degauss sound i ever heard when i fired it up the first time, so i guess that is normal 😀
Unfortunately it got a scratch in the antiglare, i dont know if i will remove it or not yet. Anyone tried using something else as a antiglare replacement? I have read about someone using film used for tinting car windows with good effect (for black levels) but i am a bit skeptical.

Attachments