VOGONS

Reply 41 of 46, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Found the original NOS drive for this Dock. it's still available on ebay for a fairly low price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEVER-USED-IBM-66G … 46/271999205635

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 42 of 46, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bondi wrote on 2019-05-31, 15:52:

Hi there! I got my hands on a Docking station like this and the speakers also do not work. Can you please give more details which connectors did you reseat? I reseated all of the connectors available from the bottom, but did no disassemble it more. And it did not help.
Thanks!

I also had problems with the amp in the dock, so in the end I took the whole thing apart and wired the speakers directly to the output of the Sound Blaster card.

Reply 43 of 46, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice. I have been collecting components to build a nice 486 laptop.
I have about (4) 755 Thinkpads. (3) of which are working.
And I have a Dock. I still need to get a key made for the Dock.
The dock has some IBM sound card in it and CDROM drive.
I also have a NEW in Box Sound Blaster 2.0 card for it.
And I have some other Sound cards too.
I have the audio/video dongles for this laptop too.

I hope to finish it maybe this spring or summer when I have time to do it.

Reply 44 of 46, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote on 2021-11-17, 11:35:
Bondi wrote on 2019-05-31, 15:52:

Hi there! I got my hands on a Docking station like this and the speakers also do not work. Can you please give more details which connectors did you reseat? I reseated all of the connectors available from the bottom, but did no disassemble it more. And it did not help.
Thanks!

I also had problems with the amp in the dock, so in the end I took the whole thing apart and wired the speakers directly to the output of the Sound Blaster card.

Thank you for your reply after all these years 😁
Sound on my dock worked eventually (for an unknown reason). However I find it rather noisy, it picks up a lot of noise from all the internal components. So maybe direct speakers hookup is a good way to go anyway.
I've recently installled a 5,25 FDD into this dock Re: Thinkpad Dock I with a 5.25" floppy drive

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 46 of 46, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I really have to put an effort into restoring my IBM 755’s
I have them boxed away in my Garage. Ever since the pandemic lock down I just put them away
And never got back to trying to restore them.