VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That would be an excellent conclusion for this topic: a forum exclusive for Marvin insiders. 🤣

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 21 of 24, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Selling stuff from the middle of nowhere would be a bad idea, the shipping costs are way over the amount of money anyone would spend on such a thingy 😀 Maybe I'll make some in the future and give them as souvenir to some forum members, but with different design - so that they are all unique.

Reply 22 of 24, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Something like this will be extremely useful for someone who is running a Socket 462 moterboard with two jumpers for an FSB of 100/133/166. You can underclock your processor if it is "too fast" for something. Why you would do that is debatable, but then again, this is not really a forum to question such things. 😁

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 23 of 24, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Evert wrote:

Something like this will be extremely useful for someone who is running a Socket 462 moterboard with two jumpers for an FSB of 100/133/166. You can underclock your processor if it is "too fast" for something. Why you would do that is debatable, but then again, this is not really a forum to question such things. 😁

I thought that since PII era faster is always better... Am I wrong?

Reply 24 of 24, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You are absolutely right, faster is better when you look past the PII era, but what if you're a silent pc aficionado like me? I have a system with an Athlon XP 2500+ installed on it. Now, it's common knowledge that these chips ran very hot, when I run at with a 100MHz FSB it runs at a clock speed of 1100MHz which is a reduction in speed of about 40%. This clock speed is more than adequate for most Windows 9x games and it allows me to run the heatsink fan at a much lower speel which produces a much more quiet system.

sigpic2689_1.gif