VOGONS

First post, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm thinking about using one topic to post all my stuff - cards, computers, etc. I've got the cards part done, so there it is. All of those are part of my collection and some of them will probably be used to set up my rigs (I've still got some to mount 😀 ). Sorry for the bad pic quality. I'm only listing the cards that aren't on my systems - will list those later.

VGAs:

ISA:

Trident 8900. Haven't tested it yet.

PCCARD022_zpslonjmydp.jpg

PCI:

Trident 9440. My first videocard. I've used it on my old 486 (which I don't own anymore, unfortunately 🙁 ), then on my K6-2. Working fine.

PCCARD014_zpsdk658wpy.jpg

Trident 9680. Working on VGA mode, but on SVGA @ Windows I get some nasty artifacts. Probably one of the memory chips is bad.

PCCARD015_zpszfkax31e.jpg

S3 Savage4. Working fine. Too bad Windows 3.1x drivers don't work. Found one of the most bizarre artifacts I've ever seen: I was playing some Duke 3D with it. When I set Windows to work on SVGA with the correct drivers, I'd be greeted with Duke's quit screen (!!) and a system lock.

PCCARD017_zpsire7e42s.jpg

ATI 3D Rage (Mach GT64). Working fine.

PCCARD016_zpspwc9nw0j.jpg

GeForce 2 MX400. Working fine.

PCCARD019_zpsxgujcsm4.jpg

AGP:

Trident Imàge 9750. Working fine.

PCCARD032_zpsrohxo8t0.jpg

nVidia VANTA 16. Still have to test.

PCCARD031_zpsvzpir96f.jpg

SiS 305 32MB. Used this card on my K6-2. Finished Max Payne on it, even though I had some VERY laggy moments (I used a trick that consisted to look up maps/places that had heavy-processing, so there was less stuff to be done by the poor card 🤣 )

PCCARD030_zpsdhsqkc6v.jpg

SiS 315. To be tested.

PCCARD029_zpsuzrlyz8c.jpg

GeForce MX440 (triplets!). They were working the last time I fired them up. have to recheck.

PCCARD018_zps6oovw7xu.jpg

(yet another)GeForce MX440. To be tested.

PCCARD020_zpsyjpvubcc.jpg

GeForce Ti 4200 with an "aftermarket cooler" 🤣 . Was working last time I tested it (about three years ago).

PCCARD027_zps5lndkvse.jpg

GeForce FX5200 128MB. To be tested.

PCCARD028_zpsukk9sc1g.jpg

Radeon 9200 LE. To be tested.

PCCARD023_zpscrffpbqw.jpg

Radeon 9200. To be tested.

PCCARD025_zps7kngr31k.jpg

Radeon 9600 Pro. Working fine.

PCCARD024_zpsmjpqcdir.jpg

Radeon X800. To be re-tested.

PCCARD026_zpsca9odcfo.jpg

Sound cards:

ISA:

SB16 Vibra (2x). To be tested.

PCCARD001_zpsxoobou7v.jpg

SB 16 PnP. Working fine.

PCCARD002_zpszfecpi6y.jpg

AWE64. Defective 🙁 . Actually this was the first card I've bought, but since I lacked TI skills back then, the person that I trusted to couldn't seem to have the skill needed to diagnose the problem (I bought this on a Adventure 24x Kit, could've replaced it easily if I knew it was defective).

PCCARD003_zpsavmrbqgy.jpg

Crystal-based card (SB16 clone?). To be tested.

PCCARD004_zpsmqi3kehn.jpg

Yamaha-based card. To be tested.

PCCARD005_zpsmiuhrygm.jpg

Another SB16 clone. To be tested.

PCCARD007_zpsa3bjagow.jpg

Crystal-based SB16 clone. This looks it have some potential. To be tested.

PCCARD006_zpsaxeajpew.jpg

PCI:

Aureal Vortex 2. Working fine.

PCCARD009_zpsmao2zumr.jpg

SB Live! 5.1 Digital. Working fine. Funny enough, this use a EMU10K1 even though the packaging is similar to the one used on 10K1X. Creative and their crazy engineers with lots of variations 😵

PCCARD008_zpss4iqhdgc.jpg

Other stuff:

Creative DXR3. To be tested. AFAIK it was never used.

PCCARD013_zpsudlqdbtm.jpg

Asus Falcon II. To be tested.

PCCARD033_zps65gavmeh.jpg

Conexant-based generic capture card. Working. I have the FM antenna, remote and IR receptor.

PCCARD034_zpsrzm1ekp7.jpg

Adaptec 2940. To be tested.

PCCARD011_zpsaismdm91.jpg

Adaptec 39160. Working.

PCCARD012_zpskpak5h5y.jpg

Later I'm updating with the system I've already mounted and the motherboards still waiting to get a nice and comfy case 😀

Reply 1 of 1, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Neat to see another DxR3; I recently snagged one complete in-box (NOS even). They're interesting cards, and the bundled drive I got isn't bad either. From my own research the Windows 2000 drivers are a very mixed bag, but I had no trouble with Windows 98SE. I haven't tried the card with a non-Creative DVD drive, so I'm not sure if that is supported or not. Also as a friendly note, Vogons doesn't have an automatic resize on pictures, so large images (like the ones you've posted) may be problematic for some users. 😊