Topic actions

Reply 60 of 65, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Fabian,

thanks for your reply!

Regarding replacing the Cirrus card: does one simply have to take the "onboard" card out to use a video card in the VLB slots? There's a jumper on the main board near the video card, does this have anything to do with it?

Do you have the manual?

I'll send you a PM regarding building a system.

Stefan

Reply 62 of 65, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll admit it, I'm running out of ideas.
If clean boot bypassing Autoexec/config.sys and run a game where you configure the sound settings does that work?
Zone66 is a game that will work without anything loaded and has a shareware version available

Reply 63 of 65, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinny22 wrote:

I'll admit it, I'm running out of ideas.
If clean boot bypassing Autoexec/config.sys and run a game where you configure the sound settings does that work?
Zone66 is a game that will work without anything loaded and has a shareware version available

That's something I could try, thanks.

And I'll try cleaning the riser card connection, I have a slight suspicion that this could've something to do with it. Can't hurt.

I probably won't get to it till next week, one of my other hobbies calls for a meet so I'll be away for a few days.

Reply 64 of 65, by audiocrush

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Oerk,
did you come to any conclusions roughly 7 years later?
I'm currently having the same troubles you seemed to be having.
I didn't try the keyboard patch yet though

*edit*

Just tried the keyboard patch a guy in this thread mentioned
It worked!!!
Windows 3.1 OK? 3.11 locking up? Here is the fix!
Flawless also Audio is fine on my Aztech Sound Galaxy NX Pro... FM Synth, 8-Bit Audio, 16-Bit Audio and the Covox Speech thing as well
You should try too, I think you never mentioned you did...

https://www.nerdsh.org/ - my blog, a bit neglected though
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChsU6woi3lhLhtT_ILbSCCw - Some videos of mine

Reply 65 of 65, by phantom1913

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BuuBox wrote on 2015-05-21, 05:58:

Is there a socket to add a 387? There seems to be references in the manual for the PS/1000 type 2168 to adding a coprocessor.

Very nice machine. Always wanted a IBM 486SLC/DLC or Blue Lightning after reading about them on Red Hill.

The 387 socket is inside the 486 socket like in 386\486 motherboards, but in this model of motherboard used standard socket 2 without extra-pin for 387