VOGONS

First post, by T4600C

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After reading the jumper manual, this is how far I got with a chip that ran at 75Mhz
120mhz.JPG?dl=1

Looking at the CPU model, do you think that I could push it further? no idea.

Also, do the clock and bus speed jumpers on the Compaq motherboard put a higher voltage on the 3.3v CPU? or do they increase the speed in a different way? I wouldn't like to overclock a Pentium CPU with higher voltages if that is what I am doing.

Cheers,
Niels

Reply 1 of 3, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is the processor soldered? If not, getting a Pentium 133 or 166 should be easy and cheap. Maybe even a Pentium 200, which you could then set it to any speed you can think of with multipliers up to 3x.

Btw I doubt it increases the voltage automatically. If it is anything like my Deskpro you're stuck with the stock voltage, so your OCing capabilities are probably being limited as well. With an increased voltage you might be able to push that CPU a bit further. Just make sure the processor isn't getting way hotter than it should.

Reply 2 of 3, by T4600C

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alexanrs wrote:

Is the processor soldered? If not, getting a Pentium 133 or 166 should be easy and cheap. Maybe even a Pentium 200, which you could then set it to any speed you can think of with multipliers up to 3x.

Btw I doubt it increases the voltage automatically. If it is anything like my Deskpro you're stuck with the stock voltage, so your OCing capabilities are probably being limited as well. With an increased voltage you might be able to push that CPU a bit further. Just make sure the processor isn't getting way hotter than it should.

The benchmark identifies the processor as a P45C Pentium. This model could be antyhing from 133mhz to 150, 166 or even 200. Is there a way to check the max speed? do they print the production date or max mhz on the front?

Reply 3 of 3, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Check that link here is specifications where that computer is normally with Pentium 75 and that processor is max for your machine, but you can overclock processor propably to max 133 Mhz. And here is that P54C can be also Pentium 75. check text on processor, if you see A80502133, you have Pentium 133, if you see A8050275 you have Pentium 75, see after text A80502 for speed of that processors.

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel