VOGONS

Reply 21 of 23, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i have a pentium 4 machien .. my board is a p4b533.. not the best .. but its running a 400fsb cpu..
supports HT only with the 3.06ghz cpu im thinking of buying one to bump it up to its max cpu and activate its support for hyper threading..

my original machine for my pentium 4 was a P4P800SE.. and somehow i busted that and got a P4S800-DX and that board was a champ but somehow i managed to fry the bios back around 2006 😉 embarassing.. first + only time ive ever done that.. i think i tripped over a powerbar and lost power while flashing it.. if u can believe that .. what are the odds;)

that gainward card is worth $$$ best card u can put into a powermac g4 or g5 by a long shot flashing it to mac.. very desirable card 😮 very rare too
i wanted one bad for my powermac g5 but had to make do with a radeon 9800 pro with ati silencer cooler - which is cool but not even close to the gainward

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 22 of 23, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
darksheer wrote:

Too bad my DFI LanParty UT nf4 Ultra-D that I bought in 2006 died last year 😒
Paired with an o/c Opteron 146 and my XMS Pro Kit it was such a nice build till the end 😵

Badcaps? Nothing a soldering iron and decent soldering skills can't fix.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 23 of 23, by darksheer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PcBytes wrote:
darksheer wrote:

Too bad my DFI LanParty UT nf4 Ultra-D that I bought in 2006 died last year 😒
Paired with an o/c Opteron 146 and my XMS Pro Kit it was such a nice build till the end 😵

Badcaps? Nothing a soldering iron and decent soldering skills can't fix.

Nope, sudden death syndrom (caps were still like new and all electronic components on the surface of the board had no visual damage or heat coloration apparent) 😵

It served me well all thoses years and it was a really good mb to use but I prefered to dump it, because knowing me I would have spent too much hours/days trying to resurrect it 🤣

I already spent too much time ressurecting old stuff (and not only pc parts) like fixing bad traces/battery corrosion and changing componenets to the point thats its no longer fun for me now 😖

Now I'm more a "give it a good clean and if it works and everything looks ok just enjoy it till it die" guy 😁