1 GB Corsair Value RAM
Asus ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 Platinum
Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 speakers
NEC 2500 DVD/CD+RW-RW+R-R
250GB Western Digitial hard drive
Zip 250
Floppy disk
56k modem (I live too far from broadband)
Windows XP Home
Cheapo Microsoft keyboard/Intellimouse Optical
Microsoft Force Feedback Pro gameport old joystick
Logitech MOMO Force Racing wheel (red, leather hand-stitched one)

Reply 4 of 7, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Why get the single 250gb? Surely whatever mobo you bought supports raid-0?

Why the XaserIII? I like the height too, but the XaserV is much deeper...I've found it makes several degrees difference over the XaserIII, on average.

Of course, Thermaltake's new Armor and Kandalf cases are 530mm tall, wider than the rest (220mm), and 560mm deep. Ohhh god they're nice.

Otherwise, sweet rig. 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ugh, dude. ugh. Pentium 4 Extreme? Corsair Value RAM? 250MB ZIP? (I HATE Corsair RAM, and their value-line stuff is complete junk from my experience. The processor is waaay overpriced and not worth the money versus a comparable AMD system. And ZIP? Who uses ZIP anymore?)

I hope that my hostile and negative comments about your brand new system instill deep hatred toward me. 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 7, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have to agree about the Pentium...every once in a while I take another close look at Pentiums and am always reminded why I stick with Athlons.

The zip drive is a useful little piece of tech. Even if it never caught on, that doesn't mean it isn't any good...like Beta Max.
If you don't want to waste a CD to back upsomething that is too big to be put on a floppy (or split up onto multiple floppies), a zip drive is just right. 😉

Reply 7 of 7, by El nostalgico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And USB flash 1GB? It cant be expensive for you when you can buy such a comp. Isnt it?

I know that USB keys are quite unstable (loosing data), but ZIP uhhh.

I now prefer only RAR drive technology 😉