VOGONS

My retro PCs

Topic actions

Reply 22 of 40, by elod

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice laptops. I have a 300 or 320 cds (yes, horrible screen). Very compatible VGA and sound, good keyboard, PS2 port with y cable support stated by the manufacturer.

Reply 23 of 40, by mael_b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my tandy 3000NL. It seems to be related to the CMOS battery but I thought it could work with a dead battery.
Am I wrong ?

The problem is that I can't run the setup program due to a fatal error at the start :
"ERRORS FOUND -
CONFIGURATION ERROR BAD MEMORY SIZE MISCOMPAREDISK C: FAILED INITIALIZATION
ADDRESS 20 WRITE 5A VERIFY 5B

FATAL ERROR - CMOS RAM WRITE ERROR - SETUP ABORTED"

This other error occurs some times too :
"ERRORS FOUND -
CONFIGURATION RECORD BAD

ADDRESS 20 WRITE 5A VERIFY 5B

FATAL ERROR - CMOS RAM WRITE ERROR - SETUP ABORTED"

I've also noticed that my time is recorded even when I disconnect the CMOS battery but not the date...

Any idea ?

My main goal is to configure my hard drive...

Reply 25 of 40, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's a lot of boards that ether refuse to post or don't function properly with a dead CMOS battery. I'd start by changing the battery and go from there. If it's a soldered on barrel battery make sure it hasn't leaked and I'd remove it regardless and replace it

Reply 26 of 40, by mael_b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, thank you for your answer.

The exact model is discontinued. Do you know a substitute ? The specs are 3.65V and 1.6Ah. Is this model a Good one :
https://www.manomano.fr/catalogue/p/pile-lith … mah-jst-7402246

I can take the wires of the original battery.

Reply 37 of 40, by CrazyCody

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are some pictures of it. How much is it worth?

Attachments

Reply 38 of 40, by bitslasher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CrazyCody wrote on 2022-11-15, 18:09:

The value is going to vary by how far away the person is from you getting it. Shipping of a compete system like this can get quite expensive. I can see each part selling for around ~100 each, but then shipping starts to add on the price. It'd be easy for a person to be in ~$300 before they know it. That's starting to get up there in price for a system. However, these systems especially if in good shape will sell because a lot of adults grew up with these. 😀

Just clean it up and offer nice clear photos. If you're shipping, please wrap it well and pad it sufficiently inside the box. Double-boxing is good!

--Daniel

Reply 39 of 40, by CrazyCody

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bitslasher wrote on 2023-02-13, 03:24:
The value is going to vary by how far away the person is from you getting it. Shipping of a compete system like this can get qu […]
Show full quote
CrazyCody wrote on 2022-11-15, 18:09:

The value is going to vary by how far away the person is from you getting it. Shipping of a compete system like this can get quite expensive. I can see each part selling for around ~100 each, but then shipping starts to add on the price. It'd be easy for a person to be in ~$300 before they know it. That's starting to get up there in price for a system. However, these systems especially if in good shape will sell because a lot of adults grew up with these. 😀

Just clean it up and offer nice clear photos. If you're shipping, please wrap it well and pad it sufficiently inside the box. Double-boxing is good!

--Daniel

Cool! Thank you so much Daniel!

Last edited by CrazyCody on 2023-02-13, 08:29. Edited 1 time in total.