IMG_1003.jpg
https://s15.postimg.org/wqk4g97mj/IMG_1005.jpg
IMG_1005.jpg

Reply 1 of 13, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very nice build! My only upgrade suggestion would be a Soundblaster Audigy or xi-fi.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 2 of 13, by Old Man Newbie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ODwilly wrote:

Very nice build! My only upgrade suggestion would be a Soundblaster Audigy or xi-fi.

Yes It`s on my List
Also i`m building a Socket 7

Reply 3 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice 😀

Especially that board, decent AMD SLI boards from that era aren't that easy to find anymore.

3.2 GHz is also very fast.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 13, by Old Man Newbie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Nice 😀

Especially that board, decent AMD SLI boards from that era aren't that easy to find anymore.

3.2 GHz is also very fast.

Thanks Phil
Still have to clean up the cables and get a decent sound card
Going to load some games and give it a better test soon

Reply 5 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yea get a X-Fi, many of these XP era games have really well done EAX sound and with CMSS-3D you get 3D surround over headphones. F.E.A.R. for example sounds very, very nice.

Reply 6 of 13, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Yea get a X-Fi, many of these XP era games have really well done EAX sound and with CMSS-3D you get 3D surround over headphones. F.E.A.R. for example sounds very, very nice.

that is unless of you have a good high end full size headphones... I have a set of AKG k304 and CMSS-3D sounds like crap with them. But if you have a low-end set or gaming set your love CMSS-3D

Reply 8 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

that is unless of you have a good high end full size headphones... I have a set of AKG k304 and CMSS-3D sounds like crap with them. But if you have a low-end set or gaming set your love CMSS-3D

Quite the contrary. Technologies such as A3D and CMSS-3D shine with good headphones.

Reply 9 of 13, by Old Man Newbie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Quite the contrary. Technologies such as A3D and CMSS-3D shine with good headphones.

Waiting for the sound card to come in
Also i have a pair of 9800 gtx 512 meg cards i can put in, Don`t know if it would be worth it .
Power draw vs performance

Reply 10 of 13, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Man Newbie wrote:

waiting for the sound card to come in
Also i have a pair of 9800 gtx 512 meg cards i can put in, Don`t know if it would be worth it .

it wouldn't make sense to run both, an x2 6400 would never max them out unless you went to 2560x1600

Reply 11 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Old Man Newbie wrote:

Waiting for the sound card to come in

I'd try them all out and see what performance you're getting, in the games and settings that you want to use. Then make a decision 😀

Reply 12 of 13, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I strongly disagree, that is unless you like echoes and the EAX bathroom setting or have a set with no soundstage what so ever. The problem is that your have way to much soundstage and things will get echo'y.

Reply 13 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:

I strongly disagree, that is unless you like echoes and the EAX bathroom setting or have a set with no soundstage what so ever. The problem is that your have way to much soundstage and things will get echo'y.

Can you provide screenshots of your X-Fi settings? What card are you using, what game and what room (e.g. Chaos Theory in the cave does have strong echo, but that is by correct behaviour). Other rooms do not. Can you make a recording of your issue please?