VOGONS

Intel P6 Gen. 1 Retro System

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey, my deductive powers determined you're on the side of light! You don't have anything to prove to me!

Please let us know what your benches are like once you have an OS installed!

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 21 of 27, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Tetrium wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:

As it appears you're German and he's French, I believe we've verified that you are not he.

Or lets hope he didn't get smarter.

That guy is not french or German, he is from Senegal, although he may be french Senegal. If I recall Senegal from a french colony and he did speak french .

Reply 22 of 27, by voodoo5_6k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

You don't have to prove me anything 😀
Would only make your stay here less enjoyable, right?

Great, thanks 😀

gdjacobs wrote:

Hey, my deductive powers determined you're on the side of light! You don't have anything to prove to me!

Thank you too 😀 But usually I prefer the dark side (of the force) 😉

gdjacobs wrote:

Please let us know what your benches are like once you have an OS installed!

Will do! I reserved two posts for updates.

END OF LINE.

Reply 23 of 27, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
voodoo5_6k wrote:

Thank you too 😀 But usually I prefer the dark side (of the force) 😉

Yes, we have cookies 😈

Anyway if you ever bench that v6k let me know. Id like to post the scores on the vogons hwbot team.

Reply 24 of 27, by voodoo5_6k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jade Falcon wrote:

Yes, we have cookies 😈

I knew it 😀

Jade Falcon wrote:

Anyway if you ever bench that v6k let me know. Id like to post the scores on the vogons hwbot team.

Yes, I'll do that. Just let me know what benchmark you'd like to see (and what settings you prefer). Currently, I have a rudimentary Windows 98 SE install with 3dfx reference drivers and 3D Mark 2000 as well as 3D Mark 2001 SE. That's not the final configuration but I could run a few tests on it almost anytime, no problem.

END OF LINE.

Reply 25 of 27, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
voodoo5_6k wrote:
I knew it :-) […]
Show full quote
Jade Falcon wrote:

Yes, we have cookies 😈

I knew it 😀

Jade Falcon wrote:

Yes, I'll do that. Just let me know what benchmark you'd like to see (and what settings you prefer). Currently, I have a rudimentary Windows 98 SE install with 3dfx reference drivers and 3D Mark 2000 as well as 3D Mark 2001 SE. That's not the final configuration but I could run a few tests on it almost anytime, no problem.

3d mark 2000 and 2001 will be OK.
If you can, can you fallow these rules and I'll post your scores on the team account if you OK with it.

http://hwbot.org/news/4255_application_26_rules/
http://hwbot.org/news/874_application_1_rules/

The reference drivers are OK.

thanks.

Reply 26 of 27, by voodoo5_6k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
voodoo5_6k wrote:
3d mark 2000 and 2001 will be OK. If you can, can you fallow these rules and I'll post your scores on the team account if you OK […]
Show full quote

3d mark 2000 and 2001 will be OK.
If you can, can you fallow these rules and I'll post your scores on the team account if you OK with it.

http://hwbot.org/news/4255_application_26_rules/
http://hwbot.org/news/874_application_1_rules/

The reference drivers are OK.

thanks.

Of course I'm OK with that 😀 I opened a new thread for the Voodoo5 6000 (and two other ones for my remaining retro systems), so we can continue that discussion there and go back to topic here 😉

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Rev. 3700A, Full PCI Rework

Here you'll find two screenshots of the initial 3DMark scores with (not so good) reference drivers. If there's anything not OK with those screenshots tell me. I couldn't use GPU-Z for obvious reasons, and I don't think Riva Tuner supports 3dfx. I just used the CPU-Z graphics tab. I hope that will suffice.

END OF LINE.

Reply 27 of 27, by AzzKickr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
voodoo5_6k wrote:

I see. I can assure you that I'm not that guy (whatever idiot what do stuff like that). I too own a Voodoo5 6000 (for more than 14 years now... hence, the username), a Rev. 3700A with full PCI-Rework. And it is treated very well, it even had a trip to Spain recently 😉 My friend oschar had it for a check-up since it showed artifacts and lock-ups on my test-system. I didn't want to risk the card by testing it in various mainboards, so I asked him to have a look at it. But everything's fine, it loops 3D Mark 2001 with 8x FSAA without any issues (I assume the issues had been caused by incompatibilities with the used mainboard). Now I'm preparing the final system for it to be used in (which will be part of my soon to be presented remaining retro systems). So rest assured, you'll never see any play-doh on any of my electronic parts 😉

Sneak peek:

I chatted and emailed with Trevormarco, years ago, when I still believed he was legit.

BTW: I also just sent some hardware to Oscar for an "upgrade" 😀 😀

Heresy grows from idleness ...