VOGONS

First post, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm currently testing some parts for a sale but I really think this is cool to share, so here is a photo of what could be a kickass AT machine.

The cool parts:

Tyan S1830S AT motherboard, 1GB max RAM.
P3 1GHz 100FSB
Mediatrix Audiotrix Pro with SFX daughterboard

IMG_1325_zpslreemqes.jpg

Last edited by sprcorreia on 2016-12-18, 02:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you building a system out of this to sell or is this just a list of parts you have?

I kinda have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it seems like you pretty much have the fastest AT system you could possibly build which is cool. On the other hand AT systems are getting hard enough to find that it almost seems like a waste to use an AT case for a Slot1 when Slot1 ATX systems are so common and make better use of the space.

I am not seeing your photo though. Would love to see it!

Reply 2 of 8, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks like a really cool mobo. I've been looking for a BX board for my AT Slot 1 build for quite some time, but the only thing I could find locally was an early revision Asus board that didn't have proper header for PS/2 or USB and didn't support any Pentium III I could throw at it.

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 3 of 8, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not putting the Machine together. It just happened that I need to test the parts and it it ended up like this.

This Tyan is a very nice board. Full expansion slots, 1GB RAM, coppermine support (850 max, 1GHz runs but complains about cpu microcode). Negative aspect is that it uses a bit more space to achieve all this.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
sprcorreia wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Photo is not working on my end

Fixed.

Haha, if I click on the photo it says I won a 1000$ gift card.

Nice looking system.

Reply 8 of 8, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
seob wrote:

Hate it when they design the mainbord, with the cpu located behind the expansion slots. It really limits the length of the cards used.

It's not that bad. I've seen worse. Assuming you aren't going to use 8 long cards in the system it does OK.