VOGONS

First post, by GilboyNerd1997

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since my old Windows 98 machine didn't turn out right, I decided to start fresh. I'm building this to play some old PC games I had laying around. I'm mainly going to be playing early Windows games and late DOS games although DOS games are not required. The computer I am using for this build is an old Dell Dimension L800CX I had sitting in my closet collecting dust. The computer is rocking an Intel Celeron clocked at 800 MHz (not the greatest but good enough I guess). For the ram I'm going with 512 MBs which is more than enough for Windows 98. For the graphics card I am using a Geforce FX 5200 with 128 MBs of VRAM. For the sound card I'm still using a Sound Blaster LIVE. Next, the hard drive I am using is a Quantum FireBall CX with 20.4 GBs of storage (a noisy hard drive but still works). Lastly, I will be using Windows 98 Second Edition which I have as a floppy disc. So there you have it. I you have any recommendations please let me know.

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GilboyNerd1997 wrote:

Since my old Windows 98 machine didn't turn out right, I decided to start fresh.

There's really no need to start a new thread about this, is there? You're not even changing that much.
Re: Ultimate Windows 98 Machine