VOGONS

First post, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Scored off craigslist. 100MHz Pentium 40MB RAM, tossed in a 2MB Trident PCI gfx card, Packard Bell branded Aztech sound card/modem (2316R with a real Yamaha YMF262 chip) 2X CDROM, floppy drive, and 850MB HD. The bad is the battery is dead and it's a soldered on Dallas RTC module.

Cleaned the case inside and out. Magic Eraser works wonders on removing marks and scuffs.

http://imgur.com/a/0RiEd

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 1 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow, that sucker looks brand new! Beauty!

I have nearly the same sound/modem card in my Packard Bell. It's really nice sounding in DOS with the real Yamaha OPL.

Do you think that Trident is any faster than the onboard Cirrus Logic?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 6, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! It probably is, I'm guessing cause it has 2MB VRAM instead of 1MB of the Cirrus Logic. Really I just wanted more colors and better resolution in Windows 3.11 and I had it lying around.

ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 4 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
oeuvre wrote:

Thanks! It probably is, I'm guessing cause it has 2MB VRAM instead of 1MB of the Cirrus Logic. Really I just wanted more colors and better resolution in Windows 3.11 and I had it lying around.

I see two empty slots for your Cirrus Logic memory. If your Trident has the same type, you can benchmark both, moving the RAM to the onboard between tests. Enjoy, man!

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 6, by foey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow - that is mint! Very nice 😀

Cyrix Instead Build, 6x86 166+ | 32mb SD | 4mb S3 Virge DX | Creative AWE64 | Win95
ATC-S PIII Tualatin Win9x Build :- ATC-S PIII Coppermine Win9x Build Log [WIP] **Photo Heavy**

Reply 6 of 6, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

I see two empty slots for your Cirrus Logic memory. If your Trident has the same type, you can benchmark both, moving the RAM to the onboard between tests. Enjoy, man!

It's fine, I'm just gonna leave it the way it is. Don't want to ruin a perfectly good working gfx card

ws90Ts2.gif