JATON JXM-10MHZ-V3, XT motherboard

Topic actions

First post, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all!

Some month ago I got very unusual XT motherboard with SIPP memory (DIP also
could be installed). Board name is JXM-10MHZ-V3, photo is attached.

This board has "virtual memory" feature (as its BIOS wrote) 384KB, if 1MB of DRAM
is installed(128KB, if we have 768KB of DRAM). "Virtual memory" is enabled by JP8 jumper.
I want to use this memory (at least for virtual disk, like known cdisk.sys driver for JUKO XT).

But I have no any documentation about this motherboard. It has an Intel chipset with mark
below:
iACC 1001-1
ACDWY
ACC MICRO
78 88

Intel chipset probably contains DMA and interrupt controllers, timer and some logic. But at
least some part of DRAM controller is built with external logic (74xx chips).

I tried to find datasheet for this chip (I think about writting my own driver for it), but without
lucky. Also I searched manual for this motherboard, but also unsuccessfully. Have you
someone any info about this motherboard, driver for it or datasheet for Intel chip? Any help
will be great appreciated!!

JXM-10MHZ-V3.jpg
Filename
JXM-10MHZ-V3.jpg
File size
181.25 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by i386 on 2017-05-14, 14:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 37, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, I searched for "Jaton" and 8088 and got these results.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xavVRRtr5eY
http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/H/HE … 88-HED-918.html

It's not much (different layout, etc.), but maybe it will help you a little bit.
Perhaps that youtube user knows more about these mainboards.

Good luck! 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 37, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Super cool. This is the only time I've seen an XT motherboard with SIPP sockets. I would guess it only does 256kb SIPPs, so you can either max the board out with 1MB of SIPP or DIP RAM. Looks like the chipset is ACC Micro, a well known brand. Maybe you can even find documentation on it, unlike the generic one on my Juko board.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 37, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Super cool. This is the only time I've seen an XT motherboard with SIPP sockets. I would guess it only does 256kb SIPPs, so you can either max the board out with 1MB of SIPP or DIP RAM. Looks like the chipset is ACC Micro, a well known brand. Maybe you can even find documentation on it, unlike the generic one on my Juko board.

Yes, 256KBx4 SIPP are installed. I also tried out to install 8st 256Kx4bit DIP chips, and
3st 256Kx1bit parity chips. Interesting that only 3 parity chips in board, not 4. Probably 256
of 384KB virtual memory works without parity. I'll search datasheet by ACCMICRO word,
thanks for your advice!

Reply 5 of 37, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Maybe you can even find documentation on it, unlike the generic one on my Juko board.

Very cool board no doubt, but i find your Juko to be far more interesting.

Reply 6 of 37, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm curious if the chipset on this board supports LIM 4.0 EMS memory. If it does, it's possible that higher density SIPPs might work.

Reply 7 of 37, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Interesting to see an integrated chipset for 8088 from Intel.
I didn't know Intel made those. I only know of the Faraday FE2010 integrated chipset. Most 8088 clones I've seen used the discrete 82xx chips from Intel (or second source).
Must be a very late 8088 system.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 8 of 37, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think it's really an intel chipset. It looks more like ACC Micro used Intel's fabrication facilities.

Reply 9 of 37, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I don't think it's really an intel chipset. It looks more like ACC Micro used Intel's fabrication facilities.

Could be... Afaik Intel didn't start making their own chipsets until the 486 era. The early ones were licensed/rebranded as Intel.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 10 of 37, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I'm curious if the chipset on this board supports LIM 4.0 EMS memory. If it does, it's possible that higher density SIPPs might work.

Unfortunately, I have not SIPP modules more than 256KB, for check your idea.
If I'll able to find them, I check and let you know!

Reply 11 of 37, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No point to look for more SIPPs just yet. What I'd do first is check online to see if you can track down an ACC Micro EMS driver. Without the software, the extra memory would be useless.

Reply 12 of 37, by denis74

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I've got a motherboard as shown in the attached photo.
Contacts 17 and 18 (Address 8 and Address 9) simm 30 pin connect to a programmable logic matrix, the chip u4 on the Board.Most likely Your motherboard can work with 4mb memory .

Attachments

• DSC_4167.JPG
    Filename
    DSC_4167.JPG
    File size
    4.4 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 13 of 37, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

denis74 thanks!

But if we have max lines MA8, then 2^(9+9) = 256KB max module size
MA9 -> 2^(10+10) = 1024B max module size
MA10 -> 2^(11+11) = 4096 max module size

On may board adddress lines MA9 and MA10 are not connected and max module size is 256KB
On your board at least 1MB modules are supported. For check 4096MB support, please look to
MA10 lines (pin19).

Reply 14 of 37, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Denis74, your board is quite different in that it is all discrete logic. Do you know where those extra address lines go? I don't see any custom chips on your board, which suggests no EMS support.

Reply 15 of 37, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anonymous Coward, maybe this board is previous version of my own board? Without chipset, only
standard logic IC. On EMS issue, needs to look to BIOS screen or (even better) dump if its BIOS.

denis74, have you any documentation or/and drivers for your board? Has your board
any label/name? Could you to save its BIOS to file? I attached bios64.exe program for save
0xF0000-0xFFFFF segment

Attachments

• Filename
    bios64.exe
    File size
    13.32 KiB
    Downloads
    68 downloads
    File license

Reply 16 of 37, by denis74

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i386 , copied the BIOS image , but I think that he is not original , could you send your BIOS and photos to your Board better with two parties interested in the date of manufacture of parts of the Board to understand what is the fee older .Address lines ma10 is not connected. I also experimented with sipp on the 1024KB one strap , the Board recognizes it only as 256KB . By the way switching to turbo mode and back happens when you press ctrl + alt + - maybe you have the same.

Anonymous Coward , You may be right about EMS memory , but using the older address lines ma8 ma9 ? They are connected through a few elements to the elder addresses the shared address bus and chipset intel p8255a-5 .

Attachments

• DSC_0288.JPG
    Filename
    DSC_0288.JPG
    File size
    2.93 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 17 of 37, by denis74

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

unfortunately this website does not allow you to attach a file with the extension .rom , so I had to change the extension to .exe . download and change back .rom

Attachments

• Filename
    BIOS64 (2).exe
    File size
    64 KiB
    Downloads
    73 downloads
    File license

Reply 18 of 37, by i386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks for BIOS image! Your BIOS is located in the last 8KB of image and different from
my BIOS. My board equips Phoenix BIOS. Keys Ctrl+Alt +/- do not switch speed mode in my board.
But speed always switchs to non-tuirbo mode after start CHECKIT memory test!

I'll try make additional photos during next days.

Strange that in your BIOS no date of manufacture (last 11 bytes).

I've attached my BIOS (jt8.rom) and your BIOS after restricting (bios8.rom).

Attachments

• Filename
    jaton.zip
    File size
    12.86 KiB
    Downloads
    70 downloads
    File license

Reply 19 of 37, by denis74

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks , I'll try to flash your file and see what happens. So , in our motherboards have a lot in common and perhaps one management program. You have the jumper j7, j8 j9 , j8 is responsible for the inclusion of areas of upper memory and j7 for the location of the use of this site at the top of memory with j9 is not yet understood. To determine this, I used Checkit3 and hiram . Attaching photos to use Hiram and after.

Attachments

• DSC_0325.JPG
    Filename
    DSC_0325.JPG
    File size
    1.84 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    Hiran on config.sys
    File license
  • DSC_0326.JPG