VOGONS

First post, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I scrapped together parts to build a retro system at work, off the network of course, if they saw Windows ME pop up on the network I'd likely get a ticket to go shut it down 🤣.

But here is the specs

AMD Duron 1200
ASUS A7V8X-MX
512mb DDR333
Dell Radeon 7500 32mb
80 GB Hard Drive
Soundblaster PCI 128

Reply 8 of 11, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I didn't keep it how it was, Windows ME was giving me a nightmare, and I don't want to burn a bunch of disks, and it has no floppy drive so I installed 2000 on it, and upgraded it to 1gb of ram, but it still feels retroy, i installed Red Alert 2 for fun during lunch. If 98SE had native thumb drive support or i had a floppy drive I might have done 98SE

Reply 9 of 11, by LHN91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's funny, when I don't explicitly want easy DOS access I default to Windows ME - the convenience factor of USB flash drives working out of the box trumps quite a bit.

Reply 10 of 11, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:

Well I didn't keep it how it was, Windows ME was giving me a nightmare, and I don't want to burn a bunch of disks, and it has no floppy drive so I installed 2000 on it, and upgraded it to 1gb of ram, but it still feels retroy, i installed Red Alert 2 for fun during lunch. If 98SE had native thumb drive support or i had a floppy drive I might have done 98SE

Probably you already know, but just in case, I never have any problems with NUSB and Windows 98SE, plus Sandisk 98SE drivers are still available, and my 2/4/8 GB Sandisk flash drives work perfectly well with it.

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 11 of 11, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tayyare wrote:
candle_86 wrote:

Probably you already know, but just in case, I never have any problems with NUSB and Windows 98SE, plus Sandisk 98SE drivers are still available, and my 2/4/8 GB Sandisk flash drives work perfectly well with it.

Yes I'm aware but no floppy drive, thats a Zip drive in the case, and no i don't have any Zip disks, I'd have to start ripping at least one more CD to hold the NUSB33 driver for 9x which i want to avoid