Postby oeuvre » 2018-2-01 @ 13:43

hey... that's not an HP! :P
Dell Optiplex 745 Q6600, 8GB, AMD FirePro V3900, SSD + HD, 2000/XP/7
i7 9700K, 32GB, MSI GTX1060, NVMe SSD + HD, Windows 10
oeuvre
Oldbie

Re: Show me your HP!

Postby Radical Vision » 2018-2-01 @ 15:40

He will slap on all PB logos HP ones, and tadaaa he will have "HP"....... :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Radical Vision

Postby xjas » 2018-2-03 @ 23:46

Recently I've been getting a ton of mileage out of this cute TouchSmart tm2 convertible laptop. I've actually had it since ~2011 but it never quite made it into daily driver service. It has a swivel screen that folds down into a tablet or turns around 360 degrees. I've been using it with a wireless keyboard as a sort of retro-style portable desktop. It's kind of bulky & awkward as a tablet though.

touch4.jpg
touch3.jpg
touch2.jpg

The touchscreen is done by Wacom and accepts both the stylus (which has a nice little storage pocket built into the base) and pokey-finger input. I've been drawing/painting with it using Krita which is really fun, and the OS I'm running has a pop-up touch keyboard which is fine in a pinch.

touch5.jpg
touch6.jpg

It also has about a billion times better speakers than my Macbook Pro and a bunch of extra connectivity over that - built-in VGA & HDMI outs, a wired ethernet port, more USB ports and a card reader. Great little machine.

Unfortunately HP got all the details right and then skimped out on the horsepower - the 800/1300MHz Core 2 Duo SU7300 & Intel GM45 won't win any bench races, but it works well enough. At least it has 4GB DDR3 (which I can probably upgrade but haven't gotten around to.)

Annoyingly it was sitting on a shelf for about 10 months before I got it out again. Now the battery absolutely refuses to take a charge or power the thing. It was completely fine when I was using it regularly in 2016 and probably has less than 200 cycles on it total. (I suspect it's still fine but a control chip fault or something has disabled it!) Anyone else had this problem? No battery calibration options in the BIOS like newer laptops that I can find. I'd love to figure out how to fix it.
selected (probably unfinished) megathreads { Red, green, beige & blue | Like a Hipster | Only One 'T' | In a Lunchbox | IT IS THE NINETIES }
xjas
Oldbie

Postby Jed118 » 2018-2-06 @ 04:01

I've got this maxed-out 4Mb 200LX in excellent condition, complete with the original plastic bag (and manual, somewhere, my spare room is a mess now due to 4 projects on the go at once).

Jed118

Previous

Return to System Specs