VOGONS

First post, by xeon3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, after I posted on the "Bought these vintage hardware today" thread, some people asked for pics, so instead of just adding pics, I'ma gonna start a new thread.

So, I got this deal for a IntelliStation M Pro for 70€ but the guy renegotiated cause S&H would be killer, to 65 and he included a 4 Disk SCSI Array Case (or whatever it's called).

Next day there it was waiting for me at work, and I couldn't wait to get home (and explain to my wife that I'd blown 65€ on another computer) and turn it on. So when I did, first thing I checked was Specs 😁 And here they are:

Motherboard Chipset: Intel i840
2 x Pentium IIIE 800/256/133 Slot 1 CPUs
2 x 256 MB + 2x128MB RIMM PC600
1 x 15GB IDE HDD (Startup Disk - DEAD)
1 x IBM IC35L036UWD210 36GB SCSI HDD
1 x IBM IC35L036UWDY10 36GB SCSI HDD
Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI Card
IBM EtherJet 10/100 PCI Ethernet (integrated)
Realtek Based RTL8169/8110 PCI Gigabit Card
SoundMax Digital Audio Integrated Sound (According to manual it's WSS and SB16 cm
Matrox G450 Dual Head AGP Card w/ 16MB DDR
Lite-On CD-RW
PCI VIA VT6306 Fire II FireWire Card

Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/UgBxJ

Right now I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I'll be sure to update this topic with my new adventures with this machine, including connecting and setting up the RAID enclosure, installing different OSes to it, and talking about two huge (full length) PCI cards that also came in it.

As a teaser, one of the cards has 6 133Mhz Processors in it.

Ask away if you have any questions. I'm not an expert on the machine, but maybe we can both learn something.

Edit: Updated the specs a bit.

Reply 1 of 3, by xeon3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Full Length cards inside:

P80hgGWl.jpg

YKUSDKKl.jpg

FAST Multimedia AG FAST ES3.TMIX v1.41a BMK

EDqzEpOl.jpg

DNTmLChl.jpg

FAST Multimedia AG Sony Accelerator Board CE

They were made by FAST Multimedia AG, a company that specialized in hardware and software for windows 2000 video editing systems.

If anyone has more info / drivers, gimme a shot.

Reply 2 of 3, by florianix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

FAST Multimedia AG was a munich-based company (around the corner from where I lived).
They produced professional video-editing cards ("Movie Machine", and also some for hobbyists (e.g. the "AV-Master" and "DV-master").

The video-business was acquired by Pinnacle Systems. They seem to have closed all munich offices.
The professional business of Pinnacle is now owned by AVID technology, which in turn sold the Pinnacle Products to Corel.

Probably the Win9x/2K drivers should be still around somewhere.

If the cards are the "Movie Machine" 1 or 2 (don't know), then drivers can be found here:
http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/399.htm

The non-video-related part of the company still seems to be around, producing storage systems: http://www.fast-lta.de/en/

Reply 3 of 3, by anderswk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very nice looking machine. Did you get it up and running? How about the video editing cards?

I posted about my Intellistation here: IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6889-930

1991: IBM PS/2 Model 35 SX
1995: IBM Aptiva 2144
1999: IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6889